Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
R.Palace
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased a 2010 EX coupe and this started happening about a week after I drove the car off the lot. The driver's side door handle is difficult to open from the inside and out. I have to pull very hard to open it and I fear that this may one day be a safety issue as one can confuse the door with being locked.

Does any one have this issue too? I believe I had read somewhere that there was a service bulletin for this for the '08's. Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Note: This only happens when the car has been sitting for a long period of time. I just went outside right now, 2 hours since I got home and the handle hesitated. Once I opened and closed it a few times it's fine but tomorrow morning it will be tough to open again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i would also like to know this. I have a similar issue but not from the inside. It seems like if i don't drive my car for a day or two the handle gets a little rough.

You have to pull harder to get it open and it isn't a smooth pull like it usually is. If there is a bulletin i would like to know so i can take my car in.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The number of the TSB # 08-047

Most people reported having this problem when the weather gets warm.
I know someone who had the TSB done and it did stop the problem.
it took about an hour or so.

·
R.Palace
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The number of the TSB # 08-047

Most people reported having this problem when the weather gets warm.
I know someone who had the TSB done and it did stop the problem.
it took about an hour or so.
I had read about the warm weather too but I went outside about half an hour ago and it was 10:15pm and raining so idk about the heat part.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My I-4 LX has been having this issue lately. Maybe it's the heat and humidity of the Indiana summer we're having because I didn't notice it doing this in the spring. Another tip I can give you is to stand closer to the front of the car when pulling it out. It seems like if you come up from the rear of the car it wants to stick when opening. I thought maybe it might have something to do with the angle of the handle. It's like you almost have to pull out and to the left when opening it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i found the pdf file but it states for 2008 and it also states that the door intermittently doesn't open, so that might be the wrong issue. My door opens but it is just tough to open on hot days which is a lot out here in Hawaii.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
i found the pdf file but it states for 2008 and it also states that the door intermittently doesn't open, so that might be the wrong issue. My door opens but it is just tough to open on hot days which is a lot out here in Hawaii.
Aloha.

Same for me, here in Hot AZ. It works, it opens, just sometimes it feels it takes extra effort when pulling on the door handle from the inside. Like there is something blocking or stuck.

Is that how yours is?

The thing is sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts