Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Driver side door lock light?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  WolfpackBill 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 SE. I was just wondering if the icon on the lock button on the driver's side door is suppose to light up like the white bars on the switches for the windows when the headlights are turned on.

#2 ·
Mine is an '06 EX-L but it should be similar. The door lock switch is lit along with the mirror adjustment knob, however, the window lock out switch nor the heated mirror switch are not lit.

The lights are on as soon as your start the car and not linked to headlights.

#4 ·
My controls look the same (save the heated mirrors) however not only does my lock button icon not light up but the mirror one doesn't either. Likewise mine don't turn on until I switch on the headlights. Perhaps that is something they add to the EX?? I do wish they would have just lit all the icons.... I guess Honda has to give people a reason to upgrade to an Acura.

I will say one thing though, it is so nice even just having the window buttons illuminated. My last car, an '03 Camry LE (which was an unreliable piece of junk), did not have anything illuminated beyond the dashboard and even then the backlights would not always come for the climate controls unless you hit the dash in just the right spot.... Even wrost the car I had before that an '09 Nissan Versa did not even have power lock or windows.

The Accord is a way better car!

#5 ·
Mine looks the same as his (2006 EX-L) but is most certainly only on when the headlights (or parking lights) are on.

Interestingly, if you turn on the window locks, the lighted switches on the other doors (and the switches for the other doors ON the driver's door) turn off.

#6 ·
I guess mine is special. I took that picture in the garage at night with no lights turned on. I didn't realize that they're on until one day I was bored sitting in the parking lot and covered up the switches with my hands and looked in. The lights were definitely on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.