Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I have a 03 accord LX coupe. The driver window wont work. I opened it up and found a nice pvc pipe holding the window up with the regulator disconnected from the window and the motor unplugged.
I removed the door panel and window and got to work.

1 - fuse is OK
2 - childs lock is off
3 - switches are OK (i swapped them off my other 03 and it still didnt work)
4 - removed regulator and motor. Both look in good condition.
5 - TRYING TO TEST MOTOR

My question is, is there something I missed? I am currently trying to test the wiring harness and/or motor but I have not worked with a 6 pin connector yet.

I understand the black is the negative and the red/yellow wire should be constant 12 volts, but what other pin should i connect positive voltage to in order to test the motor?

Thanks

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
If they had a PVC pipe holding the widow up, most likely the regulator broke.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they had a PVC pipe holding the widow up, most likely the regulator broke.
No, the regulator is fine. The window stopped working towards the bottom of the cycle so they unscrewed it from the regulator and used the pipe to hold it up. (it is cold here)

It is also important to note that there is NO NOISE or anything from the motor and/or regulator when I try going up or down.

I am trying to test the harness and the motor so I can put the nail in the coffin on what to replace.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know it has been a while for this thread... but I just took my door apart to determine the problem with my regulator(would not move period and I already replaced the master switch) and after taking everything apart, everything including pulling the regulator motor housing and rotor shaft out it kind of just came loose.... It was very strange as I "massaged" it back to life as there was some intermittent responses but after bringing the mount up and down several times (without the glass, sidenote the auto just relearned itself while doing this...) it seemed to come back to life, no more slowness or "no-responses". So hesitantly I put everything back together, except trim panel and began testing with the glass re-installed. At this point I began noticing a lot of sluggish movement. It wasn't moving nearly as fast as back when it worked properly, and much slower in comparison to the passenger side...

My question became whether there is a special way to properly align the glass on the mount so that it doesn't bind up? Do I need to actually lubricate the tracks? OR is the regulator just going bad?

2005 V6 5AT w/ ~138k

Please help all you window experts out there!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts