Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These indentations are on my driver's door arm rest just to the rear of the grip indention. My left elbow rests there some of the time.

Has anybody else noticed this? The dealer has offered to replace the door panel but I'm wondering if it will just happen again.

The car is a 2013 Accord EX-L coupe.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
These indentations are on my driver's door arm rest just to the rear of the grip indention. My left elbow rests there some of the time.

Has anybody else noticed this? The dealer has offered to replace the door panel but I'm wondering if it will just happen again.

Done that to about every door sill, window sill, center console I've ever owned in the first month. SHOCKED the dealer's willing to replace it and YES it will happen again.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
it does not do it for me, make sure you treat the leather with proper leather care product (use something you would use on your living room furniture, not just any random car care product)

Cleaner
+
Conditioner

Then, if you can, apply some 300 Aerospace Protectant all around (can go over plastic as much as leather)

This will help keeping your leather clean and flexible on the long run. Especially important for seats where you use the heater function. Heat damage leather by drying it, dried leather become fragile and cracks all over.

Hope it will work for you!

·
Registered
924 Posts
pretty sure thats not a vinyl issue. whatever small padding thats under the vinyl isnt holding its shape and causing issues. mine doesnt look like that, and im guessing it has to do with the amount of weight you use when you rest on it. if its happened once to you itll probably happen again but you can get it replaced and see for sure if its you and not an actual defect.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pretty sure thats not a vinyl issue. whatever small padding thats under the vinyl isnt holding its shape and causing issues. mine doesnt look like that, and im guessing it has to do with the amount of weight you use when you rest on it. if its happened once to you itll probably happen again but you can get it replaced and see for sure if its you and not an actual defect.
Thanks. This made me go back and look for a picture of my 2009's driver's arm rest. (Yeah, it was totaled!) It didn't exhibit this deformation so I think I'll have the dealer replace it.

Attachments

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

Mine is not doing that and it has 12,000mi of my elbow being there. If they are willing to replace I would have them do it.

Jay

·
Registered
186 Posts
So that is called an Indentation. I have a BIG indentation on my driver seat. :( Looks real bad. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts