Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Driver's Door Trunk Release not working

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  AllForgotten 
#1 ·
Anyone else having this problem? My 2019 Sport's door trunk release isn't working at all, not a huge inconvenience because Canadian Sports get the button on the trunk too, but it slightly bothers me having something not working on a one-year old vehicle. The master switch in the glovebox is in the correct position, and opening it from the remote or the button on the trunk both work fine.

Secondly, is it worth fixing? Obviously there have been a couple times where it's been inconvenient (me driving and a passenger who doesn't know where the trunk button is trying to open the trunk), but I don't want to have them take the door apart and end up with some type of rattle. What're the chances of getting a rattle?

#4 ·
Obviously there have been a couple times where it's been inconvenient (me driving and a passenger who doesn't know where the trunk button is trying to open the trunk), but I don't want to have them take the door apart and end up with some type of rattle. What're the chances of getting a rattle?
Tell your passengers that you don't want them to take your door apart, but if they do, they are responsible. Brandish a stun gun to enforce this.

The threat of harm will reduce the likelihood of a rattle, as it will increase the chances of a successful repair.

#5 ·
That has happened to me once. I checked the manual and it didn't say anything about needing to have the car in Park, or be sitting in the seat, or have the engine on or off. If it happens again I will make note of the circumstances and if I do anything different to remedy the problem. If it continues, I will take it to the dealership and have them fix it while I spend the day driving around in a Passport Touring loaner, like a KING.

#6 ·
You're probably way ahead of me, but I had this same issue until I finally realized that the doors have to be unlocked in order for the trunk button to work. I'd drive up to a security entrance and try to release the trunk for the guard, and couldn't get it to open. Embarrassing for me and frustrating for the security guard. Hitting the unlock button first was the fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.