Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Looks good, I will be very interested how it works for you!

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daylight picture is not bright. I think the stock reflector in the headlight housing is not that great to make these 5050 SMD shine.

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could just buy a roll of 5050 SMD and make DRL out of them, double stack them and see if it brighter haha...it way cheaper.

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts
I installed VLED Triton switchbacks and use them for DRL in white and amber for turn signals. I pulled the fuse on the 6V DRL. Pictures are in direct afternoon sun light.

Attachments

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use those round eagle eyes for DRL currently, but I want to go with the LED bar kind like those one on the Mercedes. Been lurking around Ebay and asking seller for the right length so I can create a custom fit for them. So far all of the are way too long for the fog light area.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
What is the point of pulling the DRL fuse? I mean you're not going to run them anyways as you have to click up a notch or two to get it to the parking lights/strip combo.

Edit: just realized you have an EX-L...maybe it's different than a Sport

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pulling the fuse to disable high beam as DRL, high beam at 6V looks ugly.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Plain and simple, if the led strips you wanna use don't have any type of heatsinks. They will not be bright enough for direct sunlight drl use. All it will be for is for looks.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Personally I think DRL is a stupid idea, my Accord is the only vehicle I own that has DRL.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I like the thought of DRL because there are still those complete idiots that drive around at dusk or even dark with no lights. I sure as hell don't want to pull out in front of you... Especially not with my kid and wife.

·
Registered
181 Posts
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Honda-Accord-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-p/led-drl-5g.htm

Daylight pic: https://www.facebook.com/iJDMTOY.LED

I might give it a try, it's better than just using the parking light alone. Save myself $$$$ from the over price VLED strip.
how is this plug and play? it says you dont need to bake open the housing but how else do you put this strip inside? and how does a accord sport activate these lights? would they just be on all the time day and night?

·
2013 Accord Sport CVT
25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
depends on the look you are going for but I have used the strip from iJDM and have used the built to order VLED same crap. it looks like a xmas tree to me.....I haven't tried the side emitting audi style strip from TRS yet because they have a COB style led strip I want to try but its more of a newstyle audi look of a solid line DRL not xmas light style

1 - 20 of 71 Posts