Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new here, and I just purchased a 2008 EX-L V6 Coupe. Upon receiving the car, the DRL light on the dash was on and the high beams were not functioning. DRL fuse removed, right? So I checked the 7.5A DRL fuse under the drivers side dash (slot 15) and it is installed and NOT BLOWN. I also checked the left and right high beam fuses and those were intact. The high beam bulb filaments are intact also. Any thoughts to why it is behaving as if the DRL fuse is removed even though it is installed and not blown? Thanks in advance

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts
If everything is working OK then the DRL dashboard light should come on only when a bulb is blown. Have you tried a pair of known-to-be-working bulbs? Sometimes just looking at the filaments isn't sufficient. I'd try new bulbs and if that doesn't work then you've got either a wiring problem or a DRL driver problem. Try at least one new bulb first and then let us know if that bulb works.

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
Turn on your Highs and see which one is not working....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Turn on your Highs and see which one is not working....
Hello all, I am new here, and I just purchased a 2008 EX-L V6 Coupe. Upon receiving the car, the DRL light on the dash was on and the high beams were not functioning. DRL fuse removed, right? So I checked the 7.5A DRL fuse under the drivers side dash (slot 15) and it is installed and NOT BLOWN. I also checked the left and right high beam fuses and those were intact. The high beam bulb filaments are intact also. Any thoughts to why it is behaving as if the DRL fuse is removed even though it is installed and not blown? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know right, helps if people read and understand the post before replying. Well I guess I can swap out the bulbs for ones that I know work, but honestly, what's the probability that both bulbs are faulty? The car has 15K miles on it and is in excellent condition. I would imagine though that the DRL/High Beams are wired in parallel so that if one filament blows the other would still work. Can anyone confirm this? Also, the previous owner installed HID's for the low's, since I'm not that familiar with this install, could this mod affect the DRL/High Beams somehow?

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts
The chances that both are blown after 15K is low, but not zero. You are correct about the parallel wiring - if one high beam blows the other should still work.

It's possible that during the install/uninstall of HID that there was some damage to the high beam wiring but I'd think the chances of that are low too.

As I said, try a single known good bulb. Try it on both sides and if it doesn't work then you know for sure there's a problem other than blown bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts