Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after my headlight retro I did LED's in my DRL and when I pciked up my car my DRL light came on.. Let the guy know who did the work and was like no worries easy fix just need to put a resistor inline cause the LED's don't draw as much power..

Well finally got around to getting to his place to get that fixed and he put the resistors on and still DRL light..

we did some research and some guys says it works and other didn't.. so I was wonder what needs to be done to get rid of light (with out pulling fuse)??

thanks for the help

·
/V | |2 4 |_
51 Posts
Do you have the bi-xenon function set up with your retro? The reason I ask is because on my retro I have the bi-xenon set up and use a high beam splitter (kind of like a Y shaped wire) and that allowed me to use leds for my drl without having a light on the dash. Your car just thinks that a bulb is out because leds use very little power. I'd double check wiring for the resistors, because it should've done the job.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the bi-xenon function set up with your retro? The reason I ask is because on my retro I have the bi-xenon set up and use a high beam splitter (kind of like a Y shaped wire) and that allowed me to use leds for my drl without having a light on the dash. Your car just thinks that a bulb is out because leds use very little power. I'd double check wiring for the resistors, because it should've done the job.

My DRL led's are full custom so no bi-xenon...

yea my installer was puzzled cause he has never had this issue so that's why I have put out the help...

we were thinking we might need some kind of resistor and voltage regulator combo to do the job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts