Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I own a 2006 accord, recently my DRL (Daytime Running Lights) light appeared on my dash. Due to this my high beams and also daytime lights are not working my low beams do work. I read the manual and it says that its the circuit board. Any ideas on either how to fix this or roughly how much one costs? I live out in the sticks and its winter right now so there is no street lights but lots of snow so can not drive at night without the high beams. Thanks

also when I have my low beams on the DRL light does go off but again no high beams or daytime running lights.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Trying to understand this, so the low beam works properly? If so then just drive with the low beams on all the time, you don't really need the high beam in the snow since light will reflect/scatter off the snow flakes with the high beam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the high beams due to how dark it is where I live, theres no street lights. With that being said I understand what your saying with the high beams on during it snowing but when it is not snowing and the snow is on the ground the high beams help this time of year mainly so you can see the deer, fox, etc running close to the roads but with the low beams its very hard to see any animals running towards the road until they are 5 feet infront of you on the road.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I need the high beams due to how dark it is where I live, theres no street lights. With that being said I understand what your saying with the high beams on during it snowing but when it is not snowing and the snow is on the ground the high beams help this time of year mainly so you can see the deer, fox, etc running close to the roads but with the low beams its very hard to see any animals running towards the road until they are 5 feet infront of you on the road.
just out of curiosity... did you check your bulbs?? Those of us who have DRL (like me), the the DRL and the hi's work on the same bulb.... The only difference is when you turn your car on and have DRL it uses 6volts, when you go to high beams you use 12volts..... I would check your bulbs, if both DRL and high beams aren't working....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know this topic hasn't seen much action in a few years, but I'm now having the same problem and wonder if anyone knows what's going on:

-When I have my headlights off, the DRL dashboard light is on
-When I turn on my headlights, the DRL dashboard light goes away and my headlights work.
-However, my high beams also don't work at all

Any idea what might be causing this?

·
I <3 My Honda
3,916 Posts
Check your bulbs and DRL fuses. Any time that a bulb burns out, or a fuse blows or is pulled (some do this when running BiXenon projectors) the DRL dummy light illuminates. The high beams & DRL both shut off when the low beams are turned on, hence why the illumination goes away - until you try to flash on your highs

Reactions: DaErh21
1 - 9 of 9 Posts