Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and installed white LED bulbs for DRLs since I've never had to use my high-beams (owned the car since April 09) and I have HIDs on the low-beams. After installation the DRL warning light on the dash comes up and I was told these load resistors are needed to rid the warning light.

My question is this: Will leaving the warning light on cause any problem? Also what is the purpose of this module as I got a pair with my lights but if I plug them in the lights don't come on.

EDIT: As promised,

Pics taken at diff shutter levels. I forgot to make any white balance adjustments but they do look much whiter than pictured and resemble my other 5000K lighting.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
I recall reading here that the warning light being on will not do any harm. If it does not bother you, then just leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recall reading here that the warning light being on will not do any harm. If it does not bother you, then just leave it alone.
Will do, thanks. It's not bothering me b/c I have my wheel set to lowest and seat at almost highest position, the upper arc of the steering wheel blocks the light from my view.

·
Registered
685 Posts
DRL light just means there is a problem, or in your case the computer has problems recognizing with the LEDs. It doesnt mean there is a problem because obviously it is there just because you installed the LEDs. Most people do put in the resistors because the light bothers them in the dash, but if it doesn't bother you then just leave it. I just like a clean dash with no lights on personally.

And how do you like your new LEDs for the daytime lights? I was thinking of doing that install as well.

Post Pics too!!!
:thmsup:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DRL light just means there is a problem, or in your case the computer has problems recognizing with the LEDs. It doesnt mean there is a problem because obviously it is there just because you installed the LEDs. Most people do put in the resistors because the light bothers them in the dash, but if it doesn't bother you then just leave it. I just like a clean dash with no lights on personally.

And how do you like your new LEDs for the daytime lights? I was thinking of doing that install as well.

Post Pics too!!!
:thmsup:
I like them much better than halogens. Will take some pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics added

1 - 6 of 6 Posts