Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Accord EXL V-6
I like the convenience of the light switch on auto, but I love the way the car looks with the headlights and the foglights on in the daytime hours.

Is there a way to have the drls or headlights and the fogs on with the switch set to auto?
Any suggestions or alternative ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I haven't done this but I see no reason that it won't work. If the sensor doesn't get light then it will trigger the headlights. Just keep the switch in the "auto" position and turn the fogs on as well.

The sunlight sensor is on the center of the dash. With auto lights there is both a bump and a flat area. I believe that the bump is for the climate control and the flat for the auto lights as cars without auto lights still have the bump. Black electrical tape will block out the light and shouldn't be noticeable. Note that normal electrical tape gets gooey fast in warm spots like the dash so might need replaced once in a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Why not just leave your headlights in on all the time. That's what I do now.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Why not just leave your headlights in on all the time. That's what I do now.
he said he wanted the DRL, HEADLIGHT,N FOGS on all at the same time.....good job on reading
when u turn on your headlights your DRL goes away

·
Registered
968 Posts
he said he wanted the DRL, HEADLIGHT,N FOGS on all at the same time.....good job on reading
when u turn on your headlights your DRL goes away
well if you read the post again you will see that he says drl or headlights with his fogs.

Now if he wanted all 3 of them on then that would be high, low and fogs on all at the same time.

·
Registered
290 Posts
well if you read the post again you will see that he says drl or headlights with his fogs.

Now if he wanted all 3 of them on then that would be high, low and fogs on all at the same time.
oh i didnt see the "or" my bad but isnt there a way to make our DRL to work with headlight n fogs?

·
Registered
968 Posts
no problem, next time not talk about someone reading a post when you did not read it yourself.

I think someone talked about how to set that up but it was better to leave it the way it is do to the fact that the drl are also the high beam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts