Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I don't want coilovers...I was thinking Koni str.t with H&R springs with 1.5 drop in front and 1.3 in rear...any thoughts? Figured this would cost $900-$1000 installed. I'm not looking to be slammed or greatly sacrifice ride comfort. Passing inspection for years to come is essential...in VA if any part of the springs touch each other you can fail your annual safety inspection per my mechanic. FYI I have a 2004 coupe v6 6mt and eventually plan to get 2007-2008 TL type S wheels.

Also would I need a rear camber kit?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I have the H&R sport springs on the OEM struts. I would rate the ride quality as 9/10 compared to the original ride. You would need a camber kit if you're concerned about tire wear (I'm running -3.5 degrees on one wheel since I didn't get a camber kit.) I don't think it is dropped enough for my likes, but you might think it's alright. I also noticed that the rear is dropped too much compared to the front, but you have a coupe so you may have different results. The spirals of the springs do not touch.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Hey all,

So I don't want coilovers...I was thinking Koni str.t with H&R springs with 1.5 drop in front and 1.3 in rear...any thoughts? Figured this would cost $900-$1000 installed. I'm not looking to be slammed or greatly sacrifice ride comfort. Passing inspection for years to come is essential...in VA if any part of the springs touch each other you can fail your annual safety inspection per my mechanic. FYI I have a 2004 coupe v6 6mt and eventually plan to get 2007-2008 TL type S wheels.

Also would I need a rear camber kit?
are you kidding? spending 900-1000 is a budget? why not just get coilovers? its so much better being able to adjust your height as compared to springs on Koni's or OEM shocks which will be bouncy... and there is no way springs on OEM shocks is a quality ride because it sucks. ive had it on my old accord

·
Registered
840 Posts
I was using Tein S-tech springs with stock struts. No complaints about the ride, and the amount of drop was perfect. Most of the fender gap was gone, but it wasnt slammed

Rear camber kit is required to bring it back to specifications

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would recommend the Eibach Pro-kit. It gave me a good drop but with great ride quality - and I feel like the drop was pretty even all around.

This was right after it was dropped, in front of the shop.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts