Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Today I was installing an aftermarket wing spoiler on my '10 EX Sedan.

While installing the third bolt on the left side I dropped it. It is now inside of the trunk lid's "innards". The install point was through a hole in trunk decks inner support structures. When I dropped it, it would've been behind the supports directly above (behind) the left hinge arm. I can now hear the bolt roll when I left/close the trunk. I have no idea how to get it out of there. If I can't figure out how to get it, I've thought about shooting some of the expanding foam insulation into that corner of the trunk lid supports to stop the rattle/roll.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Liner is already off. It's inside the metal framing of the trunk closest to the rear window.

·
1,927 Posts
Try a pretty strong magnet to drag the bolt to the opening where it entered. I'd put tape or something on the trunk to make it easier to move the magnet without scratching the paint.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Get a super strong magnet and see if you can move the bolt through the sheet metal to an opening to fetch it, or tie a string to a super strong magnet and drop it through a large opening to fish it out.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I *think* the consenses is using the magnet! :D

Magnetic pickup tools also come with flexable shaft to allow it to conform to awkward curves if necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, guess magnet wins.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

96 Posts
home depot sold a LED flashlight with an extension pole that comes out of the middle with a magnetic tip to grab screws/nuts/bolts or whatever u drop.

We had them around the time of black friday, but all HD's carry different shit, give it a try

·
Registered
181 Posts
Or if worst come to worst. remove the trunk lid, tilt it until it falls out. then reinstall everything! that said this would probably be theeee last thing to do! :thmsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input. The bolt worked it's way to the other end of the trunk and fell out when I opened the trunk today to hook up the brake light.

Which brings me to my next question.

The spoiler light connections are red and black. The connections to the cars third brake light look green and gray. Which wires do I pair together in the wire taps? I've got a 50 / 50 shot of getting it right I suppose, but the spoiler only came with the two taps and I'd like to get it right the first time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figured it out. Once I peeled back the wire tape it was more clear how the connections went. I've got it all hooked up and the liner back on. Looks great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
good to hear everything is going good for you! :thmsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts