Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped it off at the dealership today, to look into the VTC actuator problem i think it might have. it has all of the symptoms, except you can only hear the noise on the drivers side of the car when you put your head in front of the drivers side front wheel. i just hope the dealership doesn't jerk me around and tell me the car is fine, i don't like the sound of that rattle noise when the engine is cold. :paranoid:

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
If you can only hear the sound when engine is cold, you might want to leave the car over night so they can hear it in the morning.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Dropped it off at the dealership today, to look into the VTC actuator problem i think it might have. it has all of the symptoms, except you can only hear the noise on the drivers side of the car when you put your head in front of the drivers side front wheel. i just hope the dealership doesn't jerk me around and tell me the car is fine, i don't like the sound of that rattle noise when the engine is cold. :paranoid:
I dropped my car off at the dealer on Wednesday and never ever had a Check Engine light to come on and they give it back to me Saturday WITH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT coming On a few miles down the road and also ABS/VSA light came on too. Teh dealership jerked me around to the EXTREME LEVEL of leaving me stranded on the road *AFTER* I dropped it off and it spent 3 days there. I wonder if they even needed 2 hours to make the car junk. This a a simple swap of trannys but imagine them actually having to work to find a diagnosis such as in your case. :dunno:

·
Registered
174 Posts
"except you can only hear the noise on the drivers side of the car when you put your head in front of the drivers side front wheel."

The funniest thing I've read this year.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I dropped my car off at the dealer on Wednesday and never ever had a Check Engine light to come on and they give it back to me Saturday WITH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT coming On a few miles down the road and also ABS/VSA light came on too. Teh dealership jerked me around to the EXTREME LEVEL of leaving me stranded on the road *AFTER* I dropped it off and it spent 3 days there. I wonder if they even needed 2 hours to make the car junk. This a a simple swap of trannys but imagine them actually having to work to find a diagnosis such as in your case. :dunno:
I've enjoyed reading your animated posts these last few days.

Off course your CEL should not illuminate after tranny work, but instead of complaining, you might solicit ideas on how to get a handle on the situation.

Here are some:

> When you have major service work done, or repair work that you suspect may not resolve the real issue, have the car brought out and have the service advisor accompany you on a test drive, BEFORE YOU PAY THE BILL. The service advisor will have this "deer in headlights" look about him/her when you make the request, but that is only because no one else ever asks for this. A corollary to this is: don't show up three minutes before the service dept closes because there is no time to inspect/test the repair work.

> Use a credit card to pay the bill. If the repairs don't fix the problem, immediately call your CC company and dispute the charges. Let the dealership know you did that and then give them a (reasonable) deadline by which they must correct the defect. Send emails, send letters, make phone calls, take photos, file with the BBB, post on internet dealer review sites, keep short logs/records, etc.

> Delay spending money on the next mod and instead spend $50 to $75 on an OBDII reader/scanner. Use it to scan the codes and provide these as part of your posts, so you can get qualified help on this forum instead of just a using it as a venue for complaining.

> If the advice by knowledgeable folk on this forum is to replace ATF every 30K, ask yourself why you kept reading this but not doing it? My apologies in advance if I got that wrong; seems like you were saying it had not been replaced in 70K?

Good luck.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"except you can only hear the noise on the drivers side of the car when you put your head in front of the drivers side front wheel."

The funniest thing I've read this year.

whats so funny about that? all i was saying is that you can hear the noise coming from the side of the engine, but not on top. ya know, because the side of the engine, and transmission are on the other side of the driver's side front wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts