Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ahhh finally..

had my duals on for a few weeks now, i used 2 magnaflow part# 11123 mufflers which are offset/center 1.75" in/1.75" out mufflers, had them weld on 2 small pieces of 2.25" tubing on the outlet side so i can mount the stock tips.. looks sooo much better

buuuuut the interior drone was killing me so i decided to add on the car chemistry 3 disk inserts, most accords i hear were welding it in after the resonator but before the Y.. the paperwork says it is more effective on sound suppression more upstream then downstream which makes sense.. so as an experiment, i had them weld in the insert after the cat but BEFORE the resonator, almost directly below the drivers and passengers seats, which i think would be the most ideal.. my thoughts is WOOOOWW is all i can say.. the interior cabin of my car is super quiet now, i would say about 90% of the drone is gone but i still have a deep exhaust note on the outside, exactly what i was looking for.. plus i regained some much needed back pressure.. man i love it now.. CC inserts=drone killer.. do not regret them one bit.. anyways.. here's some pics! :banana:

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow that looks great! Thanks for the informative post and pictures!

Quick question... after the Y, is the rest of the tubing custom as in made by the shop? And you're in Houston.... which shop did this and where did you get the tips?!?! Thanks!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that looks great! Thanks for the informative post and pictures!

Quick question... after the Y, is the rest of the tubing custom as in made by the shop? And you're in Houston.... which shop did this and where did you get the tips?!?! Thanks!!
hey no prob!

all the piping from the resonator back is custom. and yea im in houston. i went to mayco muffler @3513 hilcroft. its in between westpark and richmond. and as for the tip i got it from majestic honda. their website is http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ just ordered one tip of course and used both the new and old one :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice, hey if you don't mind me asking, how much did the shop charge you total? And would you recommend the shop? I'm also in Houston and looking for a shop to do dual exhaust for my i4 sedan. Thanks

·
Whatever
53 Posts
Very nice. This is what I should have did instead of the Greddy SE on my I4. I like the satin finish mufflers with stock tips.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
2,786 Posts
Greddy is expensive and doesn't really add much of anything, other than looks. Same pipe size so it won't add power. Money can be put into a pulley, and other more useful mods

·
Registered
245 Posts
why get the i4 if your gunna get all the mods on it , you should of just gotten the 6

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, hey if you don't mind me asking, how much did the shop charge you total? And would you recommend the shop? I'm also in Houston and looking for a shop to do dual exhaust for my i4 sedan. Thanks
hmm ok, i gotta calculate this myself too haha i just keep spending and sometimes don't think too much about it because i'm piecing it together instead of by a complete system..

ok so i got both mufflers online at www.wholesalemagnaflow.com for both mufflers was ~$133.74 shipped

The second exhaust tip from majestic honda, their website is http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ that was for ~$47.95 shipped

the labor on the custom piping and to dual it was $200 flat. soo all in all without the cc insert, total comes out to about ~$382.. think thats kinda high?!?! lol idk :dunno:.. i didn't really shop around for muffler shops much, i just went to mayco on a recommendation.. the owners and employees there are super friendly and willing to experiment haha they'll let you stand and watch them and they'll let you get under the car with them to point things out and whatnot also.. im sure theirs other muffler shops out there that may do it cheaper but hey, im extremely happy with their work and service

now, if the drone bugs you, it might not for some.. you can order a 3 disk cc insert from http://www.summitracing.com/ this was about ~$66.34 shipped to me plus another $45 to weld it in and install it

so total with the mufflers, tips, cc insert and all labor put together.. ~$493.03.. and i feel it was money well spent because i'm really happy with the results now :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why get the i4 if your gunna get all the mods on it , you should of just gotten the 6
that's also like saying, why did you get the v6 accord and mod it when you could of gotten something nicer? like a bmw or a benz.. you buy a car at that moment in time to justify your current lifestyle at that moment in time, then later down the road you might say get a raise, or run across some money, or learn to save and have extra cash to mod, stuff just happens down the road.. no one just goes out and buys a cheap car then drops $10k on it the next day to mod it.. that wouldn't be practicial, at least not for us normal honda people

p.s. i got the i4 not really knowing that i would get a little bit of a raise at work beforehand.. plus i like the gas mileage and the lower payments.. also leaves extra money for me to mod with products that aren't exactly oem :)

p.s.s. and if i was able to afford a v6 the first go round.. im sure i would of ended up modding it too.. its a desease i have lol

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,275 Posts
don't mind the negatives here, I've learned they always will be critical of everything - looks very nice - esp like the stock tips. When they put a cut out in the bumper on the coupe and fill it in with a detachable piece, you gotta do something to make the car look complete. My cheaper way to go, strictly for looks, is here:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54413

·
Doc Mojo
1,150 Posts
well, it is original in the sense that OP got new mufflers but likes the stock tip style.... oval shaped tips fit the bumper opening in our cars quite well, considering how wide the opening really is. Unless you get a gigantic tip or a dual-tip, round tips will make the opening look a bit out of proportion.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Can you get a sound clip?
I never thought of just getting the mufflers without the tips, which will make it less noticeable from my dad. lol Good idea of keeping the stock tips

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you get a sound clip?
I never thought of just getting the mufflers without the tips, which will make it less noticeable from my dad. lol Good idea of keeping the stock tips
lol your car's slammed with wheels!!! don't think it can get any more noticeable than that hahaha

but your lucky, you already have the piping and the stock tips.. you just gotta do a direct muffler replacement, but i think you should probably get the 2.25in/2.25out though since yours is a v6 idk not sure.. i got the 1.75in/1.75out cause mines a 4cyl

man thats gonna be a super affordable setup lol

i'll see about gettin a sound clip up soon, i'm not too good at those cause i've never really took videos of myself or things and uploaded it, but im sure i can figure it out :thumbsup:

·
3.5L
336 Posts
i knew i recognized the shop, thats where i had my exhaust done

(im from the H too)

hey no prob!

all the piping from the resonator back is custom. and yea im in houston. i went to mayco muffler @3513 hilcroft. its in between westpark and richmond. and as for the tip i got it from majestic honda. their website is http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ just ordered one tip of course and used both the new and old one :)

·
Whatever
53 Posts
Greddy is expensive and doesn't really add much of anything, other than looks. Same pipe size so it won't add power. Money can be put into a pulley, and other more useful mods
Agree. That's why I took it off and put back the stock. I should have had more patience.

·
Registered
565 Posts
lol your car's slammed with wheels!!! don't think it can get any more noticeable than that hahaha

but your lucky, you already have the piping and the stock tips.. you just gotta do a direct muffler replacement, but i think you should probably get the 2.25in/2.25out though since yours is a v6 idk not sure.. i got the 1.75in/1.75out cause mines a 4cyl

man thats gonna be a super affordable setup lol

i'll see about gettin a sound clip up soon, i'm not too good at those cause i've never really took videos of myself or things and uploaded it, but im sure i can figure it out :thumbsup:
lol I was actually able to convince my dad into getting new wheels and then I got the coilovers without them knowing. Had it dropped with about 1.5 finger gap all around at first and he didnt even notice. lol...

Until he checked my bank statement and asked me what I bought for $750 and so I had to tell him. He was actually cool with it and helped me out with getting the camber kit. haha

Okay so I guess it will probably be cheaper for me since I already have the piping for the duals and also the tips. Do you know the part number for the 2.25 outlet/inlet from magnaflow?

·
Registered
14 Posts
looks really good man. how much did it set you back?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts