Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to complete my mugen look and a exhaust is my next step.
I can never afford a real mugen exhaust so i was thinking getting some dual tip muffler and welding them on my stock set up.....What you think about the mufflers?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
it looks really nice...is this just for looks or is there any performance improvements?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me its only about looks, but it will change how my cars sounds also and it might give me a unnoticeable hp increase

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I like the staggered look of the ATLP quad exhaust system offerings (even if just evaluating the tips).. ahem hint hint.

Like the idea though...makes sense with all of your rim/bodykit/stance setup.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats a good idea, i will try to find some that look like tls pipes and that are around the same price as these

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts

I can't see the full shot of your body kit. The cut out looks kind of round.

I would only do dual if your cut out was square.

·
Meh..
62 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cutout is very round so it might not look right

·
Meh..
62 Posts
Well for me, as long as the tips fit mostly into the cutout, like the coupe's in that vid, then it'll look good.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well for me, as long as the tips fit mostly into the cutout, like the coupe's in that vid, then it'll look good.
I love your mufflers:thmsup:

Yeah you are right, i measured and it will fit but its a tight fit....the totaly opening is 6.5 inches

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
I think the pictures of the Mugen exhaust in the Mugen rear lip is also a barely tight/close fit, so it should be fine. Can you get a close-up, straight shot of the cutout?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See What i mean its very tight

·
Meh..
62 Posts
Yeah those cutouts are pretty small...and the only way to make it work would be to get really small dual tips, and I dunno how that would look...

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
That’s a sweet looking back end man. I would leave it as is. Just my opinion :wave:

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
Hmm...Something doesn't look right about that replica lip vs. authentic...

Authentic:

Looks like the real deal is about a half inch wider going to the left, maybe? Oh wait. I think I see it. It's hard to tell, but the real thing curves a little bit on the inner portions of the lip around the exhaust cutouts while your replica looks like it's more leveled.

Or maybe I'm missing something else besides the Mugen tips probably being smaller and fitting easily, but it looks like it should be able to fit...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
They drone; they were on my buddy's e39 540i and it droned really bad; but it was also single exit; may be different for you? I doubt it though

I would keep the 3 mid resonators and just cut off the mufflers and put dual tips :D but thats me (Maybe resonated tips?)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They drone; they were on my buddy's e39 540i and it droned really bad; but it was also single exit; may be different for you? I doubt it though

I would keep the 3 mid resonators and just cut off the mufflers and put dual tips :D but thats me (Maybe resonated tips?)
Yep you right thats what im planning on doing:)

Hmm...Something doesn't look right about that replica lip vs. authentic...

Authentic:

Looks like the real deal is about a half inch wider going to the left, maybe? Oh wait. I think I see it. It's hard to tell, but the real thing curves a little bit on the inner portions of the lip around the exhaust cutouts while your replica looks like it's more leveled.

Or maybe I'm missing something else besides the Mugen tips probably being smaller and fitting easily, but it looks like it should be able to fit...
Oh yeah, first of all it fit like crap and it isnt a true replica in the rear, but the front and side fit like a glove and look real but the rear is pissing me off....looks like the changed the design to fit the usdm exhaust tips better

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have one question?
What if i cutout only the rear resonator? but run stock mufflers...how will it sound?
Im sure someone has done it.
Can someone post a link or something about this thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts