Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a conservative mustang gt wheel fitment work for a 9th gen? The guy doesn't know the offset of the wheels he is selling but they aren't super aggressive for a mustang.... some help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude doesn't know jack about the wheels he has.... the tires he has on them are 245/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rear... I think the rears are going to be too wide.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Rears seem too wide. The combo of diameter and width on those rears will likely cause issues. (Just the opinion of someone who is not an expert in wheel fitment). On top of that, you shouldn't go staggered. Those rears will be alot bigger.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
What is the wheel/rim thickness? Tell him to measure the offset. Not hard. The 245s may work, but I'm willing to bet the 275 is too wide. The offset would need to be much lower than stock, and the wheels will stick out around 2" farther. Starting to mess with the scrub radius at that point. Besides, tires that wide will look goofy on an Accord, and hurt your performance numbers.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Tirerack.com is what I use to compare stock specifications to make sure it will fit the car I want to put them on.

All you need to know is bolt pattern, off set and an overall diameter or wheel height. You can find the bolt pattern and offset on tirerack and you can just measure the overall diameter or wheel height to make sure you wont change the gearing ratio of the car.

It might help us if we all knew what year make and model your car is, and his car is...

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
dude doesn't know jack about the wheels he has.... the tires he has on them are 245/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rear... I think the rears are going to be too wide.
Is this guy far away, cant you just go over and try to fit a wheel to see if it works?

You really should keep the same overall diameter of the tire and wheel combined so that your not screwing up your gear ratio of the car. If you can confirm this, then your next important measurement is the offset.

Google what his exact make and model car has for offset on those rims (or look up the part number if he has aftermarket rims)

1. If your offsets are the same, focus on confirming if the 245/35/20 wires will fit without rubbing. Measure 275mm from the outside of your tire inwards to see if you will hit anything.

2. If your offsets are different figure out how much of a difference they are. If the stang rims are +5mm more than the honda's offset, then measure 270mm from the outside edge of your tire to see if they will rub. (I may have my offset calculation backwards I measured rims like this in a while)

Just FYI
the stang tires are 245mm wide and are on 20" rims. 35% of the width is the height. Now you can calculate the mm height of the tires. Compare this against the height of your honda tires. Confirm if the tires are the overall same diameter or if they are bigger or smaller.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,159 Posts
Mustang GT wheels are not 20" front and back, they're 19x9.5 +44 front and 20x9.5 +50 rear... at least they are for those of the past 4 years. I don't think Mustangs came with 20's before that from the factory. So if they're 20" front and rear, then I don't believe they're OEM wheels.

.... I'm willing to bet the 275 is too wide. The offset would need to be much lower than stock, and the wheels will stick out around 2" farther. Starting to mess with the scrub radius at that point.
1) a 275 tire is not too wide. 275 is used on 9.5" and 10" wide wheels and plenty of people are running 9.5" and 10" wide wheels on their Accords

2) Scrub radius has nothing to do with the rear wheels. It only applies to the front wheels, unless your Accord steers with the rear wheels.

All you need to know is bolt pattern, off set and an overall diameter or wheel height.
And the wheel's bore size.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
^ I guess your right technically, if you don't want a headache.

I was able to put Scion TRD 19" rims on my 7th gen. I had to widen the bore with time, care, and a dremel. Had no issues once installed either.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The Mustang boss leguna seca wheels are 9" wide 42 offset front and 10" wide 47 offset rear. The bore size is 70.x These fit easily on a 8th gen accord coupe with hub rings and 245/40/19 front & 285/35/19 rear without fender rolling.

Some guys are running more aggressive setups but those will require fender rolling.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mustang GT wheels are not 20" front and back, they're 19x9.5 +44 front and 20x9.5 +50 rear... at least they are for those of the past 4 years. I don't think Mustangs came with 20's before that from the factory. So if they're 20" front and rear, then I don't believe they're OEM wheels.

1) a 275 tire is not too wide. 275 is used on 9.5" and 10" wide wheels and plenty of people are running 9.5" and 10" wide wheels on their Accords

2) Scrub radius has nothing to do with the rear wheels. It only applies to the front wheels, unless your Accord steers with the rear wheels.

Ahh, I misread. I was assuming the wider tires on both front/back. It will still hurt accelerate/braking performance. And, ha, it's an Accord, not a sports car.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have 20x10 in the rear of my sport with a 275/30/20 and I'm running a 45ET. No issues at all..u said the rear tires from the mustang are 275/35/20.. The problem is the height..there too tall..a 275/35 on the accord is an absolute no go..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would a conservative mustang gt wheel fitment work for a 9th gen? The guy doesn't know the offset of the wheels he is selling but they aren't super aggressive for a mustang.... some help.

Tirerack.com is what I use to compare stock specifications to make sure it will fit the car I want to put them on.

All you need to know is bolt pattern, off set and an overall diameter or wheel height. You can find the bolt pattern and offset on tirerack and you can just measure the overall diameter or wheel height to make sure you wont change the gearing ratio of the car.

It might help us if we all knew what year make and model your car is, and his car is...
do you think if I needed bolt pattern info I would have asked for it..... also, if you are using tire rack then I don't need your help... tire rack told me 26s wouldn't fit on a dodge ram, 19 wouldn't fit on my 2000 civic.... etc. gear ratios and braking..... yall realize the same performance you say a taller or wider tire robs is the same performance you never use right.

Is this guy far away, cant you just go over and try to fit a wheel to see if it works?

You really should keep the same overall diameter of the tire and wheel combined so that your not screwing up your gear ratio of the car. If you can confirm this, then your next important measurement is the offset.

Google what his exact make and model car has for offset on those rims (or look up the part number if he has aftermarket rims)

1. If your offsets are the same, focus on confirming if the 245/35/20 wires will fit without rubbing. Measure 275mm from the outside of your tire inwards to see if you will hit anything.

2. If your offsets are different figure out how much of a difference they are. If the stang rims are +5mm more than the honda's offset, then measure 270mm from the outside edge of your tire to see if they will rub. (I may have my offset calculation backwards I measured rims like this in a while)

Just FYI
the stang tires are 245mm wide and are on 20" rims. 35% of the width is the height. Now you can calculate the mm height of the tires. Compare this against the height of your honda tires. Confirm if the tires are the overall same diameter or if they are bigger or smaller.
lol at all of this

I have 20x10 in the rear of my sport with a 275/30/20 and I'm running a 45ET. No issues at all..u said the rear tires from the mustang are 275/35/20.. The problem is the height..there too tall..a 275/35 on the accord is an absolute no go..
thank you.... finally someone with the simple answer I was looking for...... you're the poop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts