Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started off with a brand new 2009 beauty and from the start I put in some 8000K HID's.

Then I put in some LED's for the drl/highbeams.

Then some blue LED interior lights

Then I started getting a little more passionate with the car and put in 5% tints in the rear, a lip spoiler, and a roof spoiler

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of blue lights, but to each their own. Please do make sure that the blue leds are legal in your state. Many states do knot allow colored lights like that when driving since its supposed to be for law enforcement.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Then got some weather visors on but I'm still iffy about them. Opinions would be nice :)

Then I put in some blue LED footwell lighting. I spliced them with the license plate wires and ran them through the trunk with some copper wires. I'm sure there is an easier way but I'm kind of dumb when it comes to electrical stuff.

Then I had a little fun with plastidip and blacked out the grill and my own custom plastidipped eyelids

Then I changed the grill to the mugen grill and I was running around without any badges.

Then I bought the spyder headlights from ebay and installed them and put the H badge on the mugen grill. i also had 8000k bulbs

Then I bought megan ez coilovers and the J-powered rear camber kit off of someone on instagram and installed them

And last but not least, I got switchback LED's installed and I changed the H badge to the mugen badge and debadged the 'Accord' on the back. I also installed 55W 8000k HID bulbs and changed the blue interior lights/trunk to white LED's.

I'm personally not a fan of blue lights, but to each their own. Please do make sure that the blue leds are legal in your state. Many states do knot allow colored lights like that when driving since its supposed to be for law enforcement.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I had a lot of compliments with the blue leds as drls/highbeams but it took away my highbeam fuction and I'm pretty sure they were illegal. I was never pulled over for having them but it was a cop magnet and/so I got rid of them.

Attachments

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
Are those ebay headlights

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes they are. Got them for $180 :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
293 Posts
The window visors would look much better if your window trim was black instead of chrome, IMO..
I don't like how the chrome looks like it just cuts out and then picks back up after the visors.

I do however like those headlights, wish I could see a side by side comparison of light output compared to the OEM, but they look good man...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The seller of the lights was going to use them on his accord until he ended up getting rid of his car so he was selling these headlights as an auction instead of 'buy it now'.

and thanks for the opinion mikey....I was planning on plasti dipping the trim but now I'm going to do it for sure. I'll change one side of the headlights back to the oem and have a side by side comparison and put up pictures

·
Marcus
156 Posts
How is the output with the Spyder headlights? Been looking at them for a while and can't tell if the output will be just as shoddy as OEM with a 5000k kit in them. Love the car, by the way - very simplistic but great attention to small details. :thmsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
How is the output with the Spyder headlights? Been looking at them for a while and can't tell if the output will be just as shoddy as OEM with a 5000k kit in them. Love the car, by the way - very simplistic but great attention to small details. :thmsup:
A few members have those lights. Pretty sure the only thing they are good for is for a retro. Otherwise the output is garbage.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they are actually not that bad when you use a 55W ballast. I'll def take a shot of both the oem halogen headlights and the spyders

·
Registered
692 Posts
How much light output do you get with 8k hids? I would think you dont get very much at all at night. Love my 4300k they light up the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
those are nice head lights are was watching them for a long time. So the H1 55W 5000K HID's fit in thoses right? and did you do a switch back dual led for those too?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yup. I have been running 5000k 55W and they produced the same output (maybe just a little better) as the halogens. And I have been been using switchback LED's. I think they are type 1 (blinks orange than white than orange than white instead of blinking just orange)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vossen CV2 sitting on the clouds **Warning: stock suspensions :( **

F: 20 x 9 +32
R: 20 x 10.5 +45

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
do you have a link to the roof spoiler? Also, did it come painted and how do you like it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 33 Posts