Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, thought Id post this. I put Pioneer 4 ways from my 08 Si into the Sport this weekend (rear).

speakers: TS-A1684R (others likely will fit)
adapter plate and wiring from 2008 civic rear:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACURA...:2008|Model:Civic&hash=item3a8618636c&vxp=mtr

To install, remove rear tray. The plates work however they are a bit too long to fit exactly SO, you will need to lengthen the adapter prong holes that are in the rear deck so you can properly line up the bolt. Use tin shears or a dremel remove about 2.5 inch of metal and they will drop in. Bolt them in and go. A simple upgrade with no clearance issues. Harness works too.

Thx

·
Registered
462 Posts
How hard was it to pull the rear deck

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Is the rear deck like the 3rd Gen TL's where you have to pull the entire back seat just to remove the rear deck 'panel/cover'? Such a PITA

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Is the rear deck like the 3rd Gen TL's where you have to pull the entire back seat just to remove the rear deck 'panel/cover'? Such a PITA
It's not bad, but there are steps. 10 min and I had it out. Just read the tutorial on here that a few have posted. It does require tools, tho.

Jay

·
Registered
608 Posts
Rear seat cushion itself doesn't have to be removed, you can just pull up the sides of it and reach a bolt that must be removed to take out the side bolster things. Fold the back down. The rear quarter panels need to be removed but that takes like 20 seconds to pull out. Some retaining clips (have a tool for this), then the rear shelf can be pulled out. Tricky part is pulling gently but firmly enough, ensuring you don't bust any clips. I did mine and didn't break any, probably cause the car is still new so the plastic hasn't gotten brittle. Overall not too bad, easier than the old Corolla I had. Process might be a nightmare on a coupe though, since you don't got the extra inches and doors you need to easily guide the shelf out of the car without potentially scratching up the interior. Also be very careful of scratching the rear window if you have a tint on it.

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol Dave it's not as easy as the si that had a pop off grill cover but its still relatively painless. Could be much worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts