Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've searched the forum and haven't found quite the thread I'm looking for, so hopefully someone can help provide some insight. I leased a new 2010 LX on Sunday, and now I'm realizing -- I can't deal with the seats. So short of running it into a wall -- I need front seat replacements! The backseat actually has a lot more give to it.

Power/leather would be nice -- but by no means neccesary. Ideally I'd like something that could be swapped out in an hour or so that doesn't break the bank. Would be awesome if it had side air bags too. What are the implications of putting in a seat without air bags? Will the dash light up?

Thanks in advance!

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
are you serious? :dunno:

Why would anyone lock into a lease, if the car was not comfortable?

My only suggestion is to find a wrecked EX-L and buy the seats, then pay someone to run the extra wiring and hook everything up.

Sounds like you made a costly decision.

·
6,322 Posts
Just like shoes can be uncomfortable at first so can seats. Give them some time. They will ease up. The seats have alot of support which can be a good thing for posture etc.

Just had an old leather chair repaired by one of the best around. Besides using new material he used new foam in certain areas. Guess what its much more stiff/hard than it used to be. It will break in.

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Really? I think my stock seats are great ahaha, they're a mix of well-bolstering and comfort for a non-performance sedan. I guess to each their own, though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I just bought a used '09 lx-s. When I first drove the car I thought the seats were fine I even had a couple 45 mile treks in the car before buying without a problem or a notice. A week after buying it I took an 8 hour drive and noticed how truly uncomfortable they were for me. Realize, I'm 6'6" and weigh around 270lbs. The seats are so contoured that the bottom of the seat hits my ass in a really uncomfortable way. I find myself sitting slightly **** eyed when I drive longer distances.

I live in Florida now but used to live in Chicago and always had seat work done by a group up there called Riggs Bros. They have a few locations and do specialty interior work for boats and autos. They also do window tinting and things like that. In the past I've had seats moved back, I've had them extended, had lumbar support built in. I'm driving up there for Christmas this year so I can get some seat work done.

I'm going to have them move the seat back as far as they can (more leg room) and try to see if they can do something about how the seat is contoured. They will probably have to add padding to it. Additionally I'm going to see if they can extend the seat a little to add more thigh support.

Hope this helps.... (see link below)
http://www.riggsbros.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts