Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am not sure where to post this... But what are some of the easier and better updates to do for increasing power (hp)?

I am already looking to add a cold air intake which will give me approximately 10 hp. What else is there that I should look into?

I do not want forced air induction or now of any kind and want to keep the stock dual (fake) exhaust. I'm used to working on GM engines not honda. But I would be lying if I said I did not absolutely love my new accord.

2014 EX-L V6 Coupe AT

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I am not sure where to post this... But what are some of the easier and better updates to do for increasing power (hp)?

I am already looking to add a cold air intake which will give me approximately 10 hp. What else is there that I should look into?

I do not want forced air induction or now of any kind and want to keep the stock dual (fake) exhaust. I'm used to working on GM engines not honda. But I would be lying if I said I did not absolutely love my new accord.

2014 EX-L V6 Coupe AT
Starting with an intake and exhaust are great first steps to getting a bit more out of your new Accord. It's not going to make huge power gains, but both mods are easy to do and will make the car sound a bit better as well. Check out the options we have on our site using the link below. The 2013 and 2014 are the same, so don't worry about the 14 not being listed yet.

proimporttuners.com/parts/2013-honda/accord-engine

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know most things will be small gains, I have no worries about buying things a little here and a little there. I want to keep it naturally aspirated as long as possible before I think about throwing a turbo or pro charger of anysort on it.

Eventually I may turbo/charge the car, but want to wait a while before doing that. I am looking at your site now!

I am definitely getting a CAI first. I want to try and keep the standard exhaust as long as I can. Is there any other way to increase power outside of CAI and exhaust system? Without using FAI or changing the entire engine of course.

I am definitely gonna get the HID kit for my fog lights but want to wait until my current bulbs go bad or until I do a few more engine upgrades first. Do you have seat covers anywhere on your website?

·
Registered
608 Posts
There are very little gains for the V6 at this time. The main problem is that nobody offers an ECU tune (and probably never will for the forseeable next few years (if ever), based on 8th gen response). Would skip an exhaust as it would just add a lot of noise to which Honda spent quite a bit of money (which you paid) to keep it quiet.

If you want to accelerate quicker, your money is best spent on getting some lightweight wheels. The stock wheels are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with the no new exhaust. All I see for now is CAI and headers. Which should put me to 292ish with 250 at the wheels. I want the exterior to look stock. I was hoping to get up to 400hp but maybe not

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
I agree with the no new exhaust. All I see for now is CAI and headers. Which should put me to 292ish with 250 at the wheels. I want the exterior to look stock. I was hoping to get up to 400hp but maybe not
:paranoid:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I doubt you will be able to get up to 400hp without forced induction.

Since the V6 architecture hasn't changed much, you could check and see what the latest gen Acura V6 has that could be swapped over but even that will probably need tuning.

What about going the other direction (weight loss) instead?

Good luck :thmsup:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
The V6 really shares most of it's motor components with the 8th gen. Pulleys, Intake Manifold spacers, Throttle Body spacers, etc. are all bolt on options. I'd definitely recommend starting with pulleys for bang for the buck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I doubt you will be able to get up to 400hp without forced induction.

Since the V6 architecture hasn't changed much, you could check and see what the latest gen Acura V6 has that could be swapped over but even that will probably need tuning.

What about going the other direction (weight loss) instead?

Good luck :thmsup:
Definitely knew if have to do it in the future was hoping to do it after everything else :).

I am looking at weight loss I think I'll look at some internals. An I have to add my CAI first.

@throwdown I'll check those out !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts