Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered the eBay 3-Arm Camber Kit called J-Power? Have you experienced any problems with the kit and was it an easy install? thanks

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Been discussed a few times before. Very few have tried them on the forum, I'm sure they would probably fit and work but can't confirm. The concern for most is purchasing inexpensive components vs a branded name. Brands are warrantied, known to do their job and hold up well over time. They also hold value well and can be easily sold vs a no-name brand.

The true concern which obviously there isn't any data on is the strength and longetivity of these parts. Most feel that suspension is too important to cheap out on though and opt to go with a more reliable name. No one would want a link in the rear suspension arms to break, etc.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Been discussed a few times before. Very few have tried them on the forum, I'm sure they would probably fit and work but can't confirm. The concern for most is purchasing inexpensive components vs a branded name. Brands are warrantied, known to do their job and hold up well over time. They also hold value well and can be easily sold vs a no-name brand.

The true concern which obviously there isn't any data on is the strength and longetivity of these parts. Most feel that suspension is too important to cheap out on though and opt to go with a more reliable name. No one would want a link in the rear suspension arms to break, etc.
well ive got them. They do fit. I get my new wheels tomorrow and i get to drop the car alot more then i get to get it aligned ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Hey sosick, did the tech have any issues getting the car in spec with the arms? What are you lowered on?

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Well someone can jump on these, and push a -4 camber and let me know if they don't snap on you.. That's why i didn't get them in the first place i have personally have had to pick up my Friend and take him hes Stock arms on his jetta because running -4 camber on Cheap arms.. They held great for about 1 year running -1.5 camber, but the moment he tried -4 camber "hellaFlush" type of deal they snapped in 3 weeks..

Lucky for him that he was coming out of a parking lot going 5 mph

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought the rear chamber kit, Wicked, off of eBay. It has been 5k miles or so and I have seen any issues. Welder and QA inspectir background myself so I feel confident in the product. I believe you club baby seals and then still put it back on without issue.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
y go -4.... just get it to 0 and ride it normal instead of ruining your tires lol

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I bought the rear chamber kit, Wicked, off of eBay. It has been 5k miles or so and I have seen any issues. Welder and QA inspectir background myself so I feel confident in the product. I believe you club baby seals and then still put it back on without issue.
:thumbsup:

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
y go -4.... just get it to 0 and ride it normal instead of ruining your tires lol
Well i am just trying to give him some information..

It depends on the type of Style and Aggressiveness he wants to run.. if he is getting These arms for just fix -2 camber to OEM then that's fine i would do it to. but since i am going to be running almost -4 camber like my R1 wheels i rather Trust Megan or SPC "SPC for me"

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well i am just trying to give him some information..

It depends on the type of Style and Aggressiveness he wants to run.. if he is getting These arms for just fix -2 camber to OEM then that's fine i would do it to. but since i am going to be running almost -4 camber like my R1 wheels i rather Trust Megan or SPC "SPC for me"
eh to each their own.. not a fan.. im just goin back to the OEM specs so my tires last and the tread goes the same.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Yep, really does depend. While that example is the more extreme with camber, I appreciate you sharing Jorge.

Non-branded works but not sure on how they last in the long run. If they ever were to break you could potentially have a major issue (loss of control, accident, etc). However, if they fix your camber it may be a choice for some. It's always a risk with no-branded items. The true offset I think is how SPC's hold their value. Even used sets you see selling for not much less than new after being used. That and we have users who have been running SPC for years now, so we know of their quality. Completely a matter of choice.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had the spc 3 arm kit on my car and never had a problem. They are a very good product. I don't know about the ebay ones but from what i've seen on friends cars/cars that come to my shop, cheap parts only cause more problems. Do yourself a favor and spend the few extra bucks now. You'll be saving yourself a headache and more money in the future.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the spc 3 arm kit on my car and never had a problem. They are a very good product. I don't know about the ebay ones but from what i've seen on friends cars/cars that come to my shop, cheap parts only cause more problems. Do yourself a favor and spend the few extra bucks now. You'll be saving yourself a headache and more money in the future.
After reading your post it made me realize that i should just buy SPC 3 arm kit from throwdownperformance lol thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts