Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try this? Here's what it looks like installed. I actually ordered it from Bonanza. A little pricey at $170 + $100 for painting but I think it looks a lot cleaner and a little meaner. Put a dragon emblem on it to keep em guessing. It's about 2 times as light, and cheap. Oh and you have to drill your own holes.

Attachments

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
$270 for a grill that seems way to much and you have to drill your own holes. Personally I like the OEM I just wrapped and plasti dipped my grill. Post pictures once you have it installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is installed. I wanted all emblems deleted including the Hs as I kept on getting people saying that it doesn't look like an Accord. But I finally settled on the dragon emblem. Honda racing emblems makes people race me.

I'll have a photoshoot as soon as I get the rear spoiler on.

·
No PRND
749 Posts
While I greatly want a coupe-style grill for my sedan, this one looks like it came from ebay.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm not dissing your taste, but for $270 I think you got ripped off. It just looks like a cheap add on IMHO. For that price you could have gotten the sport grill. Then again, I like the chrome. It looks classy. Blacked out trim and wheels just make a car look like a "used" car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That is installed. I wanted all emblems deleted including the Hs as I kept on getting people saying that it doesn't look like an Accord. But I finally settled on the dragon emblem. Honda racing emblems makes people race me.

I'll have a photoshoot as soon as I get the rear spoiler on.
what do they say it looks like now? an 8th gen?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow rough crowd this morning lol. Im neutral to the grill it doesn't look that bad and i would just get rid of the dragon. Looks like you did a nice install all the lines look even. I like the stock chrome grill so it's something i wouldn't even think about changing.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
Looks OK. Not bad. Reminds me of an older gen accord.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally I didn't like the chrome as like some others. But I do agree that chrome does class it up a bit. I'm not going to cut every piece of chrome out but it wasn't for me. Just wanted to differentiate a little as everyone else has the H so I took the plunge.

8th gen, funny.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Maybe it is just my tired old eyes, but I cannot see the detail in the grill. Maybe if the car was in the sun it might show up better. From what I can see it does not look bad, but I agree the dragon is not quite right.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Not my cup of Earl Grey. Keep the stock grille to return it back to stock because I would never buy a used car with a monstrosity like that grafted on the front. I would lose all interest as soon as I saw it. Enjoy it while you have it on, I have done exterior mods that may not appeal to others but those mods were for ME. That is a whole different story when trying to sell or trade it in as a used model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha ha Ed.

I always keep stock parts plus it's worth about $200 bucks.

Unfortunately the honeycomb doesn't match, but that may be remedied in the future, if it really bugs me. At the very least, this is a detailed thread to help those NOT to buy this product.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Only reason I don't like it, is it doesn't match the bottom. This is how ever your car and your the one who has to drive it. If you like it, that's all that matters. Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I do like the grill. Does the manufacturer offer the same style for the lower grill as well? That would be a very nice look.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts