Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I decided to purchase a lip spoiler from ebay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151201542010?cmd=VIDESC

Per description on the listing it states the spoiler is for 2013 accord coupe. So of course I thought it would fit my car. I have a v6 ex-l with nav coupe.
Well as soon I opened the box I notice the spoiler I bought was missing the unlock button for the trunk.

After seeing discrepancy, I haven't gone any further with installation.

Has anybody else purchased a this item from ebay? Don't get me wrong the quality seems great but I am not going to waist my time installing it knowing that their is something wrong with the lip

Attachments

·
20th Gear
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
149 Posts
OEM accessory spoiler doesn't come with the unlock button. Ya use the the brake light assembly that comes with the vehicle

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not much you can do with it. Cant even swap the lights. Different shape and they are mounted differently.
I had some down time this afternoon and I tried installing the eBay spoiler, not surprising the old lens does not fit in the spoiler much less my car. The seller still believe his spoiler should fit my vehicle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have one on my coupe. It is short by about a 10th of an inch on each side. Not too noticeable, but I notice it. To make the light work, I used the trunk release button wire harness. It works fine.

I don't have any close up photos:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess this is another reason not to buy cheap crap on Ebay. I bought the Honda Originally accessory spoiler and it fit like a glove, came with all the proper hardware and clear installation instructions.

The Honda spoiler does not come with a light, the original light is reused.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cjwang2 I purchased the same spoiler lip on ebay.....can you tell me how to mount it and how you connect the wiring for the brake light? Did you have to drill holes in the trunk?

·
Registered
30 Posts
There was no drilling. As for the light, I took the bracket from the original trunk button, cut it, and then spliced it onto the Ebay light wires. Then I plugged it in to the harness and it has worked ever since.

Also, the rubber plug where the wires come out of the trunk, I pushed it into the trunk since the wires from the spoiler would not fit. I then taped up the hole using electrical tape and left a spot for the wire from the spoiler to come through.

As for mounting, I believe that you can just screw it in using the existing holes. But, I only used 2 holes, not all 4 holes, since only the outer holes on the spoiler fit the holes in the trunk.

I believe those were all the steps I took. I did it awhile ago. If anyone wants any close up pics, let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey cjwang2, could you post the pics? It would be greatly appreciated....and I see you got a body kit attached to your accord....how much did it run you and how was the install? Also does the fact that you cant open the trunk by that button anymore bother you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts