Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my 01 accord has 260K on it and the front end has some vibrations I'm thinking are related to ball joints or tie rod ends. I have seen several auctions on ebay consisting of most of these parts for under $200. This includes upper control arms with ball joint, lower ball joints and inner/outer tie rods. Has anyone used these parts or are they garbage? The local Napa wants $120 for one upper control arm alone!

·
Super Moderator
4,311 Posts
It depends on the brand. A lot of times you get the same brands that are sold at your local parts stores. NAPA is know to be really expensive so try another store.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i just redid my front end, Ball joints, bushings, wheel bearings, a-arms, control arms. Got it all off ebay. Just look at the warranty stuff. the guy i bought from also was able to tell me the brands of everything so it was the same stuff my auto store offers (only about $300 cheaper)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just redid my front end, Ball joints, bushings, wheel bearings, a-arms, control arms. Got it all off ebay. Just look at the warranty stuff. the guy i bought from also was able to tell me the brands of everything so it was the same stuff my auto store offers (only about $300 cheaper)
Can you tell me which E-Bay store or seller you bought from?

·
SUSPENSION GURU
3 Posts
Comparisons of World Suspension vs others

World Suspension imports all of their product, the majority of it from China. Don't let this scare you off though as most of the suspension parts for aftermarket and OE use is now supplied by China (yes even BMW and Mercedes). There are however different grades available from China. World Suspension supplies mostly what would be considered an "economy" brand of part where other companies like the bigger chain parts stores offer "premium brands as well as ecomomy brands of parts. It all depends on what you want to put on your car and if the extra cost is worth it to you. The bottom line is the economy brands usually look pretty good but sometimes they use cheaper materials and/or manufacturing methods to keep their prices lower. I hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts