1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's a really good kit IMO I got the same one for my 07 accord and no problems. Just make sure the water pump is not made in china and you're good to go. NPW water pump is made in Japan and is OEM supplier for nissan vehicles.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Did you price compare that kit vs. piecing one together using all OEM parts?

·
Corvalis TTX
4,600 Posts
It gets really expensive when a timing belt breaks.
I'd buy a Honda part.
It looks like the timing belt in that kit is a genuine Honda part though. But I agree with you - I would use only a genuine Honda belt. The belt is not that expensive and it's not like it needs to be replaced every other year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great posts - and agree on getting the Genuine Honda parts. Can someone tell me how to confirm what's in my 4-cyl Accord LX; chain or belt? I'm seeing this add on ebay that looks like great replacement parts - http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine...ccord|Submodel:LX&hash=item43d10c172a&vxp=mtr

Also, can someone post a good DIY video on doing the timing belt/chain & water pump replacement?

Thank you!!! Happy New Year.

Jay

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
4 cylinder Accord engine valve trains are chain driven.

I wouldn't recommend this job as a DIY unless you have sufficient experience and necessary tools for working on cars.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
When does, or do they, Honda recommend replacing the 4 cylinder chain?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
"When", not "why". I know the belts will stretch or lose teeth, while chains generally just break.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,014 Posts
"When", not "why". I know the belts will stretch or lose teeth, while chains generally just break.
Actually it's the other way around. The chains wear out and stretch, especially if you don't keep your oil level up and cause funny problems. The timing belts don't stretch, but they do break and leave your engine in shambles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts