Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Backyard wrench
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

New 2013 EX owner here. Been a lurker since buying a used accord for my daughter in May. Lot's of good info... a great thread on purchase price was helpful in my negotiations for getting an awesome deal on this one!

Anyway, my 3rd day of ownership and hit 200 miles just after leaving home for work today. Been in economy mode since I brought it home. See the real time 0-60mpg guage in the speedo area, and also was getting the green ( ) indicator lights around the speedo frame when driving economically (until this morning). And yes, the green leaves are lit in upper left. But, this morning, no matter what I did... even coasting down a hill at 60 mph and seeing the little mpg guage indicator in the speedo area was maxxing out at 60mpg as was the fuel1 display on the big monitor, but the green trim ring never lit all morning.

Is there any setting in the config menu I might have changed to cause this to stop working? Not a big deal since I have 2 other indicators, but it was working when I pulled in the garage last night. I did look in the config menu when I pulled in, but don't remember making any changes.

Any suggestions?

Don

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
You can turn off the green ring in the MID display under vehicle settings.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you grab the other key fob or hit driver 2 by mistake? I have the push button start and grabbed my wife's key and the green light was off in her settings. Doubt she set it that way so my assumption is it is off from the factory that way....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
He said the ring was not lit at all.

Something got changed in your settings through the iMID menu. Either that, or like other poster said, you were using key 2 and settings under key 2 don't have the ring activated (I actually didn't know that each key had it's own master settings...so I would suggest going through the menu for each key).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Did you grab the other key fob or hit driver 2 by mistake? I have the push button start and grabbed my wife's key and the green light was off in her settings. Doubt she set it that way so my assumption is it is off from the factory that way....

Are you sure that settings are tide to the keyfob?! That's news to me.

·
Backyard wrench
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He said the ring was not lit at all.

Something got changed in your settings through the iMID menu. Either that, or like other poster said, you were using key 2 and settings under key 2 don't have the ring activated (I actually didn't know that each key had it's own master settings...so I would suggest going through the menu for each key).
Hey all,

Thanks for the quick responses! I've only used 1 key fob, the other is in my desk drawer with paperwork at home. I must have changed something in the iMid menu when I was in there looking around last night. I'll go out at lunch time and see if I can find it and change it back. I had an idea I had done something to dork it up... Thanks!!

On a side note... did you all see any difference in milage during the break in (first 1K or so) vs post break in? A friend as had a 13 EX-L since May and has a lifetime avg of 37mpg (mostly highway to/from his job). I'm struggling to see 32.5 highway in the first 200 miles.

Don

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I don't think there is a difference between the Vehicle settings between key fobs. However, you can turn the green ring on or off in Vehicle Settings under "Fuel Efficiency Backlight". I haven't tried sport mode, however when I used the paddle shifters, which puts the transmission into sport mode, the green ring still worked.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I don't think there is a difference between the Vehicle settings between key fobs. However, you can turn the green ring on or off in Vehicle Settings under "Fuel Efficiency Backlight". I haven't tried sport mode, however when I used the paddle shifters, which puts the transmission into sport mode, the green ring still worked.
Using paddle shifters does not enable S mode. You must shift to S for this. S mode and manual shifting are separate but related features.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My ex was from Southern Maine. Beautiful place. :wave:

Anyway, mine also acts funny sometimes. For instance, sometimes I'll be coasting down a hill and the MPG will be above 45 or even maxed out, and yet the rings will stay white. I have a manual, though, so maybe that means it wants a higher gear? I'm not sure. But if yours didn't come on at all, you probably turned it off by accident.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone tried a different fob to confirm if there are different settings? I have the green light set to on when I drive. I used my wife's key and it was not on. When I got to work I looked in the settings and it was turned off. I did not turn it off so my assumption is that the settings adjust per user.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for the quick responses! I've only used 1 key fob, the other is in my desk drawer with paperwork at home. I must have changed something in the iMid menu when I was in there looking around last night. I'll go out at lunch time and see if I can find it and change it back. I had an idea I had done something to dork it up... Thanks!!

On a side note... did you all see any difference in milage during the break in (first 1K or so) vs post break in? A friend as had a 13 EX-L since May and has a lifetime avg of 37mpg (mostly highway to/from his job). I'm struggling to see 32.5 highway in the first 200 miles.

Don
My MPGs started to improve after about 1000 miles or so (@ 3rd tank of gas if I remember correctly)

Just to confirm that the settings are in fact tied to each fob: View attachment 105081 View attachment 105089

Sounds like the OP did something in the menu and didn't use driver 2 though.

Thanks for clearing this up!!:thmsup:

·
Backyard wrench
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Problem solved with 1st reply

Paul nailed it as a couple others did too. I had fiddled last night with the iMid menu a bit in my garage. Sure enough, I had shut off the METER SETTINGS, FUEL EFFICIENCY BACKLIGHT. I was thinking this was the way to squelch the brightness of the 8" display which was showing the fuel efficiency. I wasn't thinking tha efficiency backlight would be that green trim ring around the speedo. My bad... Went out at lunchtime at work and changed that setting back and sure enough, worked like a charm on the way home.

Thanks to all who responded! I'll try not to shoot myself in the foot too many more times!

Don

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey all,
did you all see any difference in milage during the break in (first 1K or so) vs post break in? A friend as had a 13 EX-L since May and has a lifetime avg of 37mpg (mostly highway to/from his job). I'm struggling to see 32.5 highway in the first 200 miles.
I think you are going to see lower mpg with the cold weather now as well. I am down about 10% since the temps dropped into the 20's and 30's in the morning...might also be the winterized fuel, but either way, I wouldn't compare to someone else's year-round average until you have had some warm-weather tanks to go by.

·
hot garbage
203 Posts
I think you are going to see lower mpg with the cold weather now as well. I am down about 10% since the temps dropped into the 20's and 30's in the morning...might also be the winterized fuel, but either way, I wouldn't compare to someone else's year-round average until you have had some warm-weather tanks to go by.
ditto. i'm also seeing ~10% mpg drop on the highway since temperatures dropped recently. i'm no longer able to hit 30 mpg on the highway with my v6 coupe with my normal driving habits :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts