Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been running smoothly, but my check engine light keeps popping on with an EGR Insufficient Flow reading. Without doing much research I just went ahead and replaced my EGR valve on my own only to have the light come on again after about 40 miles. I've been looking around online and some people suggest taking about the intake manifold and manually cleaning the carbon out of it. Will this solve my problem? Is there any easier solution that I'm missing? I have to have my car inspected in NC by next week so I have to get this done quickly, please help!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

I didn't want to have to take off the whole intake but I guess it has to be done. I actually put some Seafoam cleaner in my gas and it made my check engine light go off long enough for my car to pass inspection. :) it really doesn't affect my car but I guess it is doing something to my gas mileage. I might try vacuum pumping seafoam through my lines first to see if that does the trick. Thanks for the link though, that is probably what my intake looks like! do you now if this will this be a problem that will keep coming back?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I would expect the problem will come back sometime. You didnt say how many miles you have on it, the oil consumption rate or your driving routine. Mechanical cleaning is probably the best way to correct the problem. You might want to change the fairly inexpensive PCV valve and consider a different brand of oil in case they are contributing to the problem.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts