Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
willis in dallas
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the owner's manual and looked thru the options on the car display but I have been unable to see the elapsed time between fill ups display. Can someone tell me how to find that display please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Never even heard of an option like that?

Do you mean miles between fillups? or Time and date.

Miles can be found in the trip computer I haven't ever seen a date show before.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
It is option 1 of the two fuel screens. Elapsed TIME you want? That I don't know. Elapsed miles it shows.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
There's no feature for elapsed time.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Its only on the Multi-Information Display

It is only on cars wit the Multi-Information Display in the center of the Speedometer. So, I think in the US only Tourings have it.

Page 95 in the manual starts the explanation of it.

The Honda USA site says that all models get Elapsed Time and Average Speed, but in reality its only the Touring that gets it.

Jay

·
willis in dallas
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to the 2013 Accord specifications from the Honda web site, listed under Multi Information Display heading is an entry called "elapsed time indicator" and it is shown to be standard on all Accord sedans. I have not been able to see this indicator. All I can see is the distanced travelled between fillups, nothing noting elapsed time. I called Honda customer service today and he had me look on page 95 of the manual which I did to no avail. I wonder if the indicator is available only on touring models, even though the official spec page says it is available on all Accords. Has anyone discovered this indicator?

·
Registered
916 Posts
According to the 2013 Accord specifications from the Honda web site, listed under Multi Information Display heading is an entry called "elapsed time indicator" and it is shown to be standard on all Accord sedans. I have not been able to see this indicator. All I can see is the distanced travelled between fillups, nothing noting elapsed time. I called Honda customer service today and he had me look on page 95 of the manual which I did to no avail. I wonder if the indicator is available only on touring models, even though the official spec page says it is available on all Accords. Has anyone discovered this indicator?
I noticed this as well when I bought my car. The Honda info is wrong.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I can confirm that my Touring does show Elapsed Time A and Elapsed Time B. One is for the amount of time spent driving since the last fill up, and the other shows how long you've spent driving during your current trip.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have searched the owner's manual and looked thru the options on the car display but I have been unable to see the elapsed time between fill ups display. Can someone tell me how to find that display please?
What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

Sorry, I'll see myself out.

·
willis in dallas
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can confirm that my Touring does show Elapsed Time A and Elapsed Time B. One is for the amount of time spent driving since the last fill up, and the other shows how long you've spent driving during your current trip.
Thanks for the information about the touring model. Honda's proof readers must have been sleeping on this.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Why does elapsed TIME matter? Why do I care that it has been 1 week 1 day and 7 hours since I was last at the gas station, versus 6 days 23 hours and 2 seconds since? WHO CARES? Maybe this is why most of the models don't have this piece of "information"

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Why does elapsed TIME matter? Why do I care that it has been 1 week 1 day and 7 hours since I was last at the gas station, versus 6 days 23 hours and 2 seconds since? WHO CARES? Maybe this is why most of the models don't have this piece of "information"
Any chance you are related to Flyboy...?

Jay

·
Registered
87 Posts
+2

I've had that feature on every other trip computer I've had in at least the past 30 years and always found it useful.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks for the information about the touring model. Honda's proof readers must have been sleeping on this.
Yep, I noticed it too, shortly after I bought my car. Did you also notice you are supposed to have an average speed read-out too? It really pissed me off, especially since, like you said, their sales literature says it is standard across all trim lines. I've asked the question before whether there might be some kind of class action over this, but I don't hear such rumblings. I'm more pissed about this than I was about the +2% odometer error on my Odyssey.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have asked about this also. I was wondering if we can add the I-MID steering wheel controls on the right side of the wheel and have the gauge display show up.
My '12 Jetta did not come with the trip computer so I added the buttons to access it and had to activate in the computer and now I have the feature of the trip computer in the gauge display.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts