Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Top Gear Baby!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have started having a few electrical problems with the car. I first noticed it when my ac compressor wouldn't kick on. The only way to fix this issue was to restart the engine. A few days ago I noticed that i couldn't set my cruise control at any speed. Upon further investigation i found that the issue only occurs when the ac compressor is not working. Restarted the engine and both issues went away. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing these issues. Its almost always 95+ degree's out there and would really love a working ac. :)

Thanks for the help.

·
Top Gear Baby!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think i might have found the solution to this problem. There is a TSB out there that fits the issue:

Service Bulletin 03-072

CUSTOMER INFORMATION: The information in this bulletin is intended for
use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment,
and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. These
procedures should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers,” and you
should not assume this bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your
vehicle has the condition described. To determine whether this
information applies, contact an authorized Honda automobile dealer.
October 3, 2003

Applies To: 2003 Accord V6 – ALL
A/C, Cruise Control, A/T Shift Position Indicator Do Not Work (DTC
U0155)

SYMPTOM
The customer complains about at least one of these
intermittent symptoms:
• A/C doesn‘t work.
• Cruise control doesn‘t work.
• A/T shift position indicator in the instrument cluster doesn‘t work.
NOTE: When this problem occurs, all of these symptoms are present, but
the customer may not notice them all.

PROBABLE CAUSE
A communication problem between the F-CAN (controller area network) and
the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Use the Honda Interface Module (HIM) to update the PCM.

·
Pragmatic Iconoclast
16 Posts
Good info. to have stored away for a possible future, thanks!

So, can you remember seeing the A/T indicator during this period, or may that have not been noticed as described in the TSB??

Best,
SN

Edit: Yeah, having a MT, I guess you wouldn't see the A/T position indicator, lol. The TSB says it applies to ALL V6 models, so most likely this is the culprit....

·
Top Gear Baby!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info. to have stored away for a possible future, thanks!

So, can you remember seeing the A/T indicator during this period, or may that have not been noticed as described in the TSB??

Best,
SN
I have a 6-speed so i don't have a A/T indicator. I have only noticed the ac and cruise issues. I'm assuming that this problem affects 6-speeds as well because all the V6 cars have the same brain. :)

I'll have to schedule an apt with the dealer and will be sure to update this thread with anymore information i have.

EDIT: I have a 2004 coupe so I'm not sure if it still falls under this TSB but gonna try anyway. Everything in the TSB seems to describe my problem perfectly.

·
Top Gear Baby!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to give you guys an update.

I went by the dealer today to see if they could update the system. I was told that the bulletin didn't apply to my car as it didn't turn up on their system via my VIN. They would need to diagnose the problem and that would involve a fee and I would need to leave the car there. I declined today because i had class. I'm getting the feeling that i won't be able to get this fixed till winter break and by that time the AC will be useless. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts