Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got codes P0457 and P0497.

1. I have already replaced the gas cap with the factory oem gas cap.
2. I have replaced the PCV.
3. I have checked for leaks in engine bay hoses and found no leak.
4. EGR hasn't been checked, but these codes don't relate to that from what Autozone boys told me, and i haven't checked the charcoal canister.

Can someone please provide me with information or TSB that shows the location of the charcoal canister. the one that is close to the gas tank supposedly. I looked under my car and couldn't find it .

2003 Honda Accord 2.4L coupe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found that after replacing the purge valve canister the only pending code is the P0457 loose cap. There are no cracks in the filler neck that goes to the tank. Does anyone have step by step directions on how to replace the charcoal canister / vapor canister. Is there a way to clean these or test them for functionality.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mysteriously, i have gotten the issue resolved. I have refitted the vapor canister fittings and zip tied. I passed the emissions test i'm good for next 2 years, but what could it be because for a week now P0497 is in pending but it's not throwing off the check engine light.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This got all weird but I resolved all issues . I cleaned the EGR valve , and the EGR passage way the carbon built up was insane. Throttle body / carburetor cleaner, i would recommend soaking in brake fluid , it lets everything loose up and then you can just use a tooth brush. No more codes yipeee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts