Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story: Bought my 2003 Accord i4 coupe used. Already has 165k miles on it.

Here are a few problems I'm encountering

1. Door unlocking problem. Keyless entry doesn't work both lock and unlock button BUT the panic and trunk button works. Actual door locks aren't working as well so I have to manually unlock it by pulling the shaft up. Problem occurs on both doors. When I press the unlock/lock button on the door, i hear a little bit of clicking sound inside the door panel. This happens to both doors. What does that mean? Bad actuator or what? If the problem is the actuator, do I need to change the actuator for both doors? Is it how it works? Is it also possible that I have a bad fuse? Again, I don't have the owner's manual to locate the exact diagram of the fuse box.

2. This is probably the weirdest thing. While driving, I decided to open my drivers window. It wouldn't open. No I'm not that dumb not to check the lock window button. That button is not locked. Passenger windows open normally. When I open my drivers door and closed it, the power window will now work. So basically, my driver's side window will only work if I open the door and close it right after. You guys have any idea what the problem is? Again, is it a fuse issue?

PS: Really??? This car doesn't have a freaking key hole on the passenger side door?

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
804 Posts
the door locking and unlocking by remote is more than likely the actuators. i had to replace my drivers one 3 years ago. and since it appears you really drive your car im guessing its used alot more than mine was...

now im NOT saying this is the problem. but im just asking. when was the last time you replaced the battery in your keyfob. its going on 11 years old i see.

as far as the window.. and this is just a guess. it appears to only do it when you move something? something being the door. so , loose connection point? corroded wire or contact point.. since you will have to go inside the door panel anyways to replace the actuator you might as well look at the wires and contact points for the window as well...

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71178

·
Registered
632 Posts
For your window problem, might be the wire that goes to your door. Might be nearly cut.

Happened to me in my 99 Civic: door lock would work, then stopped working, but the door would lock/unlock when I opened it. Had to resolder to wire together, and everything was fine after. Tight area to work though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts