Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just noticed that my engine cover is missing the i-vtec decal. It was there since the last time I opened the hood!

However, I searched on the web looking for the decal itself but I couldn't find it. What I found is the whole cover which I don't need.

Does anyone know where to get one?

·
Don't drink and drive
5,187 Posts
Your first paragrah is confusing. You said it's missing, but then it was there since last time?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts

·
Banned
14,429 Posts
Does anyone know where to get one?

Wait at the bottom of a highway off ramp and jack some fool with the same car/engine. Take his.

The cycle of stolen i-vtec (yo!) decals will never end.

I am just kidding- don't actually do that.

Crazy ex-girlfriend still have a key to your car? Still angry at you? Maybe because you loved your car a little too much? Huh?

Be honest....

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,488 Posts
Get the one for the V6 engine, and mess with some people's minds.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,187 Posts
We need some answers, or the OP will be charged with thread desertation.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,488 Posts
Sorry, but you can get the entire cover from Majestic for $23 (plus tax). Even if you find the sticker, it might cost just as much as the cover. Did you do a search for i-VTEC engine cover sticker? Maybe one of these will work for you.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/i-vtec-dohc-decal

·
Banned
14,429 Posts
The 4 banger is known as a brute HP generating machine. Most likely the i-vtec (yo!) sticker got sucked into the monster turbine motor, and was vaporized. Happens all the time. I buy them stickers by the gross.

Reactions: jimijam and bobbo

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
They can fall off.

I washed the motor for the first time this past weekend and the decal was starting to lift. Glued it back down with Loctite super glue, but the damn dispenser tip was clogged. I unscrewed the cap and poured directly from the bottle, only to pour too much. Well imagine how it looks when you wipe off superglue on a plastic surface. Now I need to paint the cover, something I had no desire to ever do. I'm thinking hot pink with black polka dots. :smile

·
Super Moderator
6,810 Posts
It's just a sticker.... does it matter?! Add a Mugen and DOHC also when you put the original back on.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,187 Posts
It's just a sticker.... does it matter?! Add a Mugen and DOHC also when you put the original back on.
Of course it does. The VTEC needs to kick in. How do you expect it to engage without the sticker?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts

·
Registered
5,361 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for any confusion, that's because I'm second English speaker! However, all I wanted to ask is if I can find the decal anywhere! It does not matter for sure and won't change anything, it's just a decal in the end!

BLCKFLSH, I looked at those on ebay but not sure if they'll stand the engine heat! However I might consider getting the whole plastic cover if I have some money I don't need lol! Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts