Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
this morning i started my car i noticed some noise coming from the engine
Im not sure if its paranoia or the engine is ratteling馃槄.
The idle on cold start goes up to abt 1200 rpm then goes down to about 650 when its warm.
The temperature when i started the vehicule was around 11 掳F

2007 accord aut 100k miles

what do you think?

video-1609871223

Registered
Sounds like typical valve lash noise, and on cold start, it will be louder.
You're due to check it anyway, if it hasn't been done it yet.

The idle on cold start goes up to abt 1200 rpm then goes down to about 650 when its warm.
That's not abnormal...a little low, but not that far off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like typical valve lash noise, and on cold start, it will be louder.
You're due to check it anyway, if it hasn't been done it yet.

That's not abnormal...a little low, but not that far off.
how do i check valve lash?
I recetely put new spark plugs/air filter/techron cleaner

Registered
how do i check valve lash?
I recetely put new spark plugs/air filter/techron cleaner
It's a recommended service to check them at around 100K, if they are noisy.
Do a search and look for @Das Chicken who did a great write up on the procedure.

ziptie princess
mine sounded exactly like that when i bought it, did the valve lash to within spec and it's louder. k24 gonna k24 炉\(銉)/炉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
this morning i started my car i noticed some noise coming from the engine the sound smooths when engine is warmed up.i plugged obd and no codes are shown.

in the past 3 months i: put new 35G battery/spark plugs/oem filter/maf clean up/ oem trans and break fluid change

2007 accord automatic 103k miles

what do you think?

Registered
Hi
this morning i started my car i noticed some noise coming from the engine the sound smooths when engine is warmed up.i plugged obd and no codes are shown.

in the past 3 months i: put new 35G battery/spark plugs/oem filter/maf clean up/ oem trans and break fluid change

2007 accord automatic 103k miles

what do you think?
sounds perfectly normal.

Registered
My wife's 2007 4 cylinder with similar milage had the same noise and wound up being the oil pump chain guide. It would actually quiet down when it warmed up. I asked for the old parts back when the dealer repaired it and you could see where half of the plastic guide broke off and the chain was rubbing on the metal bracket. It also always had a ticking in the valve train since new [ sounds like a sewing machine] but the sound in your video sounds like mine did with the chain guide problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife's 2007 4 cylinder with similar milage had the same noise and wound up being the oil pump chain guide. It would actually quiet down when it warmed up. I asked for the old parts back when the dealer repaired it and you could see where half of the plastic guide broke off and the chain was rubbing on the metal bracket. It also always had a ticking in the valve train since new [ sounds like a sewing machine] but the sound in your video sounds like mine did with the chain guide problem.
yesterday the car stalled on me for the first time while i was parking the steering locked up maybe its related to the oil pump

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how much did it cost you to repair it? do u live in canada?

Registered
Ok thx
ill just drive it till it dies, i dt think its worth dumping more money into it with 101 000 miles how long can it last u think?
Being 11 degrees outside, I wouldn't worry, just check your oil weekly. If it is still making noise on start up when the warmer weather arrives then that would be of concern.

Registered
how much did it cost you to repair it? do u live in canada?
I live in USA. First repair was $827.93 but didn't fix the problem. Second repair was $1427.82 which fixed it. The dealer also tried to tell me the oil pump was locked up ( even though I drove it in ) and was going to do me a favor and only charge an additional $800!. After a lengthy discussion with the service manager they decided to eat the oil pump job. They wouldn't make any adjustment on labor for the second repair even though the first repair was misdiagnosed . If it ever has to go back to the dealer again it won't be to that one.

Registered
Ok thx
ill just drive it till it dies, i dt think its worth dumping more money into it with 101 000 miles how long can it last u think?
An '07 Accord is still one of the best years out there...it will last as long as you maintain it properly.
My '06 has never required any "dumping" of money into it, because I maintain it...still going strong, too.
The most expensive part I've ever replaced, was the PS pump.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts