Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Accord EX 4cyl
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
20 days and 600Km after, checked the dipstick.

Red line was where it was when I've added 900ml(+150ml of MMO)
So it's burning damn fast, I think. I just added another 900ml of SuperTech 0W20.

I can't find the time to do the soaking method because of god damn work shift giving me no day off.

·
Elvira
3,623 Posts
The MMO is probably whats burning off so quick.

Reactions: KW2004Accord

·
Registered
2005 Accord EX 4cyl
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The MMO is probably whats burning off so quick.
Even putting that into consideration, wouldn't the consumption rate be quicker than normal?

At this point, I'm worried if my engine is going to be okay... and I don't have the budget to move on to next car. :(

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Stop worrying, your engine is going to be OK, just keep checking the oil level. Ever change the PCV valve ?

·
Registered
2005 Accord EX 4cyl
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ever change the PCV valve ?
Yes, I changed it around the time I added oil- 20 days ago.

So engine oil burning won’t damage the engine? Should I just keep adding/changing oil as it goes?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Many here have oil usage, mostly on the 4 cylinder because of the way the rings were mfg. A few have gotten the engine to stop consuming oil by using the piston soak method, but usually it just slows the consumption down. Honda says using a qt. of oil every 1,000 miles is considered normal. I put in a qt. every 900 miles. Just keep adding / changing (low / dirty oil can stretch the timing chain & wear the guides).

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Yes, I changed it around the time I added oil- 20 days ago.

So engine oil burning won’t damage the engine? Should I just keep adding/changing oil as it goes?
Give Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer a try. You add 20% of the volume of your crankcase, or a little less than a quart. Wait until the next oil change to try it.
It helped my '06 reduce its consumption quite a bit. Didn't think it would work, but it did.

·
Accord fan
96 Posts
Have you checked the spark plug tube seals? The oil consumption on my 4 cylinder slowed up quite a bit after I replaced the broken seals.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

41 - 48 of 48 Posts