Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
New Member here.

Recently got my Accord. It had fresh oil when i got it but it's getting to the time to change it. I researched oil issue and now have a question.

Since i have no idea what oil it is filled with (synthetic or mineral), what should be my safe course of action?

Looking forward to hear from you guys,

Thank You
:paranoid:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Look in your owner's manual.

I would stay with regular dino oil. It's cost less and does the job. That's all you'll need. You can spend the $$$ on full synthetics, but why? You may have plans in the future and maybe the oil needs will be different.

Since you are asking this type of question now, regular oil is all you'll need.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Look in your owner's manual.

I would stay with regular dino oil. It's cost less and does the job. That's all you'll need. You can spend the $$$ on full synthetics, but why? You may have plans in the future and maybe the oil needs will be different.

Since you are asking this type of question now, regular oil is all you'll need.
I second that...

·
Registered
150 Posts
synthetic or mineral, it doesn't really matter as long as it's the oil that your engine takes. Remember everything you do to your car is really all up in your head! :thmsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much

I'm really thankful to everybody for helpful answers. Going to get regular oil and keep changing it every 3k or so.

The other day it was raining and i realized that my tires got no traction on wet road even though i just passed inspection.

Time to change tires? Ha ha. I just realized that dealer sold me the car with winter tires (they are marked M+S (Mud and Snow).
Tread was ok and i never bothered to read the tire until now.

Getting new Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 installed this weekend. Will post how it rides. Tirerack tests show that it's as good as 100$ tires while priced at only $63.

:thumbsup:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
You could probably go 4 month and 4K miles and still be very safe on your oil changes.

As for tires, I have no experience with winter tires. However, keep in mind the type of road you drive on. The roads I drive on can have a bit of sand on them. So for me, even the best tires cause me to spin at first before it gain traction.

Also keep in mind today's cheap roads. They use more tar and less rocks. So it can be a slip-n-slide in the rain. Cost cutting. What do the government care. No one will complaint if the road looks black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts