Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound stupid but would it be possible to swap my honda accord 1999 4 cylinder engine to a v6. I might have heard wrong but i heard that they never made that v6 model for manual transmission only automatic. Im not worried about the cost of the process but would it be possible? If so, would there have to be drastic changes?

·
Super Moderator
3,472 Posts
Yes it can be done. It will be costly. Head over to V6P and search around since not a lot of members here have done it. You'll get more help there.

There will be drastic changes. Mounts, ECU, Wiring, Transmission (Auto or Manual), Axles, +++........

·
Registered
764 Posts
I had honda swap out 2008 I4 to improved 2011 revised version I4.
The cost in parts was around 5K plus labor all paid under warranty
The new engine has ZERO oil consumption!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You heard correctly that the 98 - 02 Accord V6 cars were all automatics. Some newer V6 Accords have manual transmissions.
Swapping a V6 into a 4 cyl Accord involves much more than just the engine. The transmission, axles, computer, wiring harness, motor mounts, radiator and exhaust would also need to be changed and Im sure there are other parts I forgot.
If you do all the labor yourself and find a doaner V6 car for cheap it would still be lots of work and you will end up with a modified car that might be difficult to sell.
The more practical option is to sell your 4 cyl Accord and buy a V6 Accord.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts