Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Go Blue!
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Sport and it came with the Bridgestone's. Let me start by saying I had my first oil change done at 7500 miles at a Honda dealership in Florida. I requested the tires be rotated at that time and the service writer told me they don't do tire rotations at the dealership and I'm like what? :dunno: He said they would have to take it down the street to rotate the tires, and I was like alright whatever you need to do. Got my car back and went on my way.

I started noticing the tires getting abnormally noisy around 14,000 miles or so which I thought was strange for that low of miles. I then got to thinking, I wonder if they really did the tire rotation at that service?

I just took the car in to a Honda dealership here in Indiana yesterday, we moved back 3 months ago. I was at 16,500 at the service. Got the oil changed and told them about the tires and they rotated them. As I left I could tell right away that it was the rear tires that were loud, as they are now on the front of the car and they are howling like crazy. It sounds like I'm driving a big truck with an aggressive off-road tread. The car tracks straight and I've always had proper inflation. I don't know what to do? The tires still have low miles but they are so loud and makes driving a 1 year old car much less enjoyable.

·
Registered
477 Posts
They can be noisy after a rotation, especially if you've waited too long. I do my own oil changes and try to rotate them every 6,000 miles to avoid this issue. Then again, I have the LX with the soft Continental procontact tires.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
This certainly seems to be the norm for the Bridgestone Potenza tires Honda decided to put on our cars.

May I ask what cold PSI you inflate to usually?

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
I have mine set at 35 on all 4. I just find it hard to believe that they are this noisy already.
I would suggest going with a lower PSI, the higher PSI the harder the tire and this can increase noise. Honda suggests cold PSI 33 out front and 32 in the rear.

Reactions: slimm1469

·
Go Blue!
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would suggest going with a lower PSI, the higher PSI the harder the tire and this can increase noise. Honda suggests cold PSI 33 out front and 32 in the rear.
I will try that. I hope the noise will tone it down a bit once I get more miles on and the tires start to wear differently.

·
Registered
697 Posts
You should hear the Goodyears they put on some of our cars.....
I have 55k miles on them, the've been noisy since day one and have been rotated every 5k miles without fail.
But I'm a cheap a$$ so I'll get my money out of these before replacing.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
You should hear the Goodyears they put on some of our cars.....
I have 55k miles on them, the've been noisy since day one and have been rotated every 5k miles without fail.
But I'm a cheap a$$ so I'll get my money out of these before replacing.
Ya I heard the 17" Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max are just as noisy.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Good luck with those tires. I had those on my cars, finally the vibration and noise was not something I wanted to deal with. Eventually just got new tires.

@mizkcc81

Please share more detail about the vibrations you experienced... when did you notice them and how long into ownership? What did you replace them with, and are you happy with them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Bridgestone tires on my 2015 Sport started roaring around 7,500 and now at 27,800 sound like mud tires... Has anyone replaced their tires with something quieter?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yep, I'm getting loud noise (vibration type noise - very similar to a wheel bearing going out) on my stock Goodyears too. Ironically, it only started happening when I moved from Los Angeles (@6k miles) to Fort Lauderdale Florida (Currently at 13k miles - added about 7k here in Florida.). Maybe the roads here are different? I just rotated mine last week and the noise just went from rear to the front. Definitely getting different tires when the time is up. For now, I guess I'll just deal with it. Nothing is wrong with the tires just noise.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Years ago I started marking my tires with chalk marks on the back side before taking the car for a rotation,it paid off when I was charged for the service and pointed out that in fact it wasn't done.

The service tech(not a Honda dealership) swore up and done they were rotated then I showed him the marks(DF,DR,PF,PR),come the next day he was in the cheese line.Unless I have free lifetime tire rotations I usually do the job myself.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,954 Posts
+1 ^^ Smooth move dude. I think that noise is cupping, caused by imbalance. First, the FL dealership didn't rotate them. Second, the Indiana dealer rotated them wrong and no one balanced them. You can look at the tread and see if there are worn spots close together in the middle of the tread or on the edge. Best thing you can do is get a set of Continental Pro Contacts, as mentioned above. Then get them Road Force balanced. Road Force Balancing | MotorWeek
This is what I've done on my car , and after 25k miles on them, rotated every 7k and Road Forced balanced, I can't see any wear at all and no noise.

Reactions: RickF

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Ditto for me with the noise on the GY Assurance Fuel Max. Mine have 75,000+ on them though. They have really started to get noisy. Will change them out before Sept., my next really long trip.

What is road force balancing, BTW?

·
Registered
30 Posts
18in Michelin's here- very noisy. Installing noise damper and mlv. PITA.
I have the original Bridgestones on a 2014 Accord sport I just picked up with 36K mi on it. Ridiculously loud noise coming from the rear. Car tracks straight and seems balanced. The noise sounds like a wheel bearing is out. Wobbly sounding roar that increases tempo with speed.

Was hoping to eventually replace with Michelins since I've always had good luck with the brand.

What noisy Michelins do you have ?

·
8th Gen Believer
3,954 Posts
My how things have changed. The original tires on my 8th gen were Michelins, quiet, lasted 67k miles, rotated every 7k. Current tires are Conti Pro COntact, same rotation schedule and and plenty of tread. I used the search feature for tires, and the Continentals got great reviews.

Reactions: pantera1014
1 - 20 of 36 Posts