Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. 6 months ago I bought a 2009 accord coupe lx-s.. I recently put in an Injen CAI and removed just the muffler and put in a new tip.. I like how it sounds but I don't love it.

What are somethings I can do to make it sound deeper not louder?

All the input is greatly appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi.. 6 months ago I bought a 2009 accord coupe lx-s.. I recently put in an Injen CAI and removed just the muffler and put in a new tip.. I like how it sounds but I don't love it.

What are somethings I can do to make it sound deeper not louder?

All the input is greatly appreciated.. Thanks
Well deeper kinda goes along with loudness. You should try getting the rv6 j-pipe, I'm sure you'll love it once you hear it. Or you can go the cheap way and buy the magnaflow muffler tips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I don't mind it being louder.. I just wanna avoid sounding like Im struggling to get into 2nd or 3rd gear

It seems the rv6-j pipe is only for a v6. What would be the option for a I4?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yea I don't mind it being louder.. I just wanna avoid sounding like Im struggling to get into 2nd or 3rd gear

It seems the rv6-j pipe is only for a v6. What would be the option for a I4?
I know nothing about exhausts for these but by a tip do you mean like a slide on tip (those don't change the sound or do they?) or like a muffler canister thingy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just recently installed a single magnaflow 14832 and it made it slightly deeper. I kept the resonator as I've heard that at higher rpm it's starts to get raspy. From what I've researched, replacing the stock resonator with either a 12" or 18" vibrant resonator fixes that issue and makes it slightly deeper as well.

I am running a k&n sri and it sounds beast as hell with the muffler passed 3k rpm... especially getting on the highway. Only when I step on it do I hear it as loud. Otherwise, overall it's only slightly deeper than stock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
To Function

-About how much did you spend for all that?
I spent 85 on the muffler w/ a $40 off advanced auto parts coupon. And $30 for install... I think the vibrant resonator is anywhere from $50 to $80... not 100% on that... My muffler guy would have installed it as included in that $30 but I don't have it yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That doesn't seem too bad .. Thank You

What i had in mind was getting a magnaflow muffler with a tip .. Removing the resonator and putting a flange so that i could put the resonator back in for when the smog check comes up.. How would that end up sounding?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That doesn't seem too bad .. Thank You

What i had in mind was getting a magnaflow muffler with a tip .. Removing the resonator and putting a flange so that i could put the resonator back in for when the smog check comes up.. How would that end up sounding?
Not really sure tbh. Only one way to find out though! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts