Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 2.2 cdti executive and have recently noticed an exhaust smell coming into the cabin through the air vents, it was serviced only 5k miles ago so shouldn't be the filters, I have looked under the car and can see no obvious leaks in the exhaust... Help It mostly seems to be when I first start the car and when idlying

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
First of all, are you in Europe? There is no 2.2 cdti model in North America.

You may have a small fracture in the exhaust manifold, the crack is wider when the exhasut has cooled down overnight which makes the fume more detectable, the crack gets tighter when the manifold has warmed up so it becomes less detectabe.

It's also possible the exhust gasket has developed a leak.

Best way is to remove any heat shield over the manifold and see if you can hear a hiss when you first start up the car.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
It is a turbo desiel?? I just saw the spec in hp/tq. My jaw dropped when I saw the tq. More tq then my v6 6mt?

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/road_tests/honda/honda_accord_22_icdti.aspx

anyways a solution could be seafoam the car and see if any smoke comes out of the manifold or any place near the downpiping. or you could take it to the shop.

But most likely you probably have a crack on your turbo manifold. My friend Audi A3 has a similar problem like yours. He can really smell it once his stop at a stoplight and the car been idling.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Engine: 2204cc, four cylinders
Power: 140 bhp @ 4000 rpm
Torque: 251 lb ft @ 2000 rpm
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Fuel/CO2: 51.4mpg / 145g/km
Acceleration: 0-62mph: 9.3sec
Top speed: 132 mph

Really 51.4mpg on a diesel accord? woa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts