Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am wondering how many of you guys and gals removed your resonator, and those that had left it on still?

I (4 banger) re-did the piping to 2.25 with the resonator removed, finishing it up with magnaflows 14832 universal muffler. I can say it sounds nice but, I would like to dim the drone down a bit. So I am thinking of getting magnaflows 14415 resonator which is 2.25 inlet and 4" round and from what I remember hearing with the stock resonator on. (which i measured to about 6" round) The sound level was like a 2 out of 10. Now with 2.25 straight piping and magnaflow muffler, the sound i hear is about 10 out 10. I would like to get the sound level down a pitch or two for late night driving possibly.

So my question here is,
#1 Should i do a 4" or 5" resonator?
#2 Will the 4" even be worth getting or will it sound pretty much the same with the resonator removed?
#3 Should i just go for 5" because maybe the 4" wont do anything, and i already now that 6" is to quiet for me?
#4 leave it the way it is? (2.25 piping with magnaflow muffler)

Thanks for your help

·
niiice!
347 Posts
does the I4 coupe and sedan use the same exhaust system ? because from my own perspective in driving both i think they sound pretty different.

may be mental or might be less cabin noise leak in the sedan ?

anybody know ?

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
If you want to cure drone, get the largest magnaflow resonator you can fit under the Accord.

Coming from the Sentra SE-R (2.5L) world, it's what guys would do when they pair off with a Magnaflow.

There are plenty of Sentra clips on youtube. QR25DE should sound very similar to K24.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would put on the resenator personally, just be careful of the material you purchase. Disimilliar metals contacting each other creates rust = waste of $$$$$$$$. I say the larger the resenator the better but the smartest thing you can do is get under the car and measure out the space you currently have from the top of the exhaust pipe to the underside of the car so you know your resentator will fit with any type of deflection. Additionally measure out how low the resenator will hang down aswell. I've met quite a few people who installed resenators after the exhaust was installed and ended up scraping the resenator constantly cause it wasnt paired up with the exhaust durring the installation.

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
^yeah i'm doing some research, thinking of getting the cat-delete downpipe and then change the stock resonator for the i4. To my undrestanding, having no resonator would somewhat give gains but it's a fart cannon. Thinking of the P2R resontator for 2.25" and i believe 3.5" outter diameter that's 15" long

·
Registered
836 Posts
are we talking about a aftermarket resonator? btw, is there any benefit in replacing a catalytic converter to a high flow aftermarket one? what does it do if replaced?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts