Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I've narrowed my exhaust options down to two. One is the magnaflow catback with a res delete. And the other is the magnaflow 14832 dual mufflers with a test pipe. Does anyone know if there is any drone with the 14832 and test pipe? What would you guys do in this situation? Only reason I don't want the catback with res delete is because of the rasp, but without the res delete it's too quiet. What do you think?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey so I've narrowed my exhaust options down to two. One is the magnaflow catback with a res delete. And the other is the magnaflow 14832 dual mufflers with a test pipe. Does anyone know if there is any drone with the 14832 and test pipe? What would you guys do in this situation? Only reason I don't want the catback with res delete is because of the rasp, but without the res delete it's too quiet. What do you think?
Go Greddy IMO. Best sound.

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a 4 cyl right? I have a V6 and wasn't really looking to spend more than $600-700 on an exhaust. Got an suggestions?

Music to my ears :thmsup: I have it and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to install my rv6 j-pipe this spring. It's going to sound awesome

·
2010 EX 4dr VTEC 2.4L
248 Posts
That's a 4 cyl right? I have a V6 and wasn't really looking to spend more than $600-700 on an exhaust. Got an suggestions?
Why don't you just put a High Flow Cat with a SRI / CAI?
If you don't want to spend too much on a full cat back I would say the HFC with an intake would still give you a nice rumble.
Maybe you can also get the PCD. But since there's no Hondata Flashpro for our US 8th gens, I don't know if it will be worth it. Maybe someone else can answer this question for you. Happy tuning!

RV-6 High Flow Precat for 8th Gen V6
Intakes @ Throwdownperformance

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not sure if that's a an i4. I think it is because I have a v6 and mine has a deeper sound. If you're only looking to spending that much then yeah, go with the magnaflow cbe. That's what majority of people run.

Why don't you just put a High Flow Cat with a SRI / CAI?
If you don't want to spend too much on a full cat back I would say the HFC with an intake would still give you a nice rumble.
Maybe you can also get the PCD. But since there's no Hondata Flashpro for our US 8th gens, I don't know if it will be worth it. Maybe someone else can answer this question for you. Happy tuning!
You could also go this route, but it will probably cost you the same or a little bit more. The thing is, that there are various ways you can go with this. You can also get a J-Pipe and pair it with a HFPC or PCD, but that will cost a lot more. If you want to consider that route, look into RV6. They are a fantastic company. Maybe give me more details as to what exactly you're looking for; sound, power gains, looks, etc...

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
592 Posts
Whatever you do , don't get Flowmasters. Biggest regret for my car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes its a I4 and its my car... Greddy also have it for the V6 and there is a video in youtube somewhere....

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
592 Posts
Why do you regret going with Flowmasters?
They sound like rattle can because of the chambered design. They're only good for American V8's. Only reason I went this way is because they sounded good on the test run. However , once they get heated up , the sound is so-so. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone familiar with this guy's setup? This is exactly what I'm looking for I just dont know what he did exactly. Thanks! He also has 2 more videos of the car on his channel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts