Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I notice today while I was going to my car that someone had stolen my exhaust tips. I'm still shocked that they took them. I've looked online to buy the tips but don't see any. Does anyone know what the starting price is. By the way it's a v6

·
HK Moderator
14,048 Posts
Lincoln, Nebraska is a tough place to live.

Most forum members will lend you their exhaust know how and other tips for free....good luck.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Seems crooks will steal anything these days. The exhaust tips, which I purchased, on my old '03 Accord were stolen during a trip to Arlington Texas for a Cowboy's game. When the game was over the exhaust tips were gone. The Cowboys lost the game and I lost my exhaust tips. The theft bummed me out and I never replaced them.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,940 Posts
They fall off

There's one puny little set screw that holds them onto the pipe. I noticed one day that one was missing. Two weeks or so later, the other was gone. I got new ones on ebay but they're not cheap.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lincoln, Nebraska is a tough place to live.

Most forum members will lend you their exhaust know how and other tips for free....good luck.
?????? Curious, your comment infers that the OP had his exhaust tips stolen in Lincoln, Nebraska... how did you come to that conclusion?

·
HK Moderator
14,048 Posts
I made it up....Since OP does not have bother to have his location listed, I took the initiative. I rolled the dice. I took a shot. I saw my chance. I went for it.....

If OP was in Somalia, I would not think twice.

For all I know, dude could be my next door neighbor....

·
Registered
122 Posts
I made it up....Since OP does not have bother to have his location listed, I took the initiative. I rolled the dice. I took a shot. I saw my chance. I went for it.....

Gotcha! I thought for a minute that I was missing some clues.... or that some of our members are clairvoyant.

And..... since I live near Lincoln, was going to tighten the screws on my exhaust tips :laugh

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
If my tips ever need replacing I'll get some real double wall stainless steel tips and have them welded on. They look better and are more secure. I suspect the aftermarket tips would not be much more expensive.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If I saw off the head of the bolt, would that prevent the exhaust tip from being stolen? I had my 92 Accord stolen way back when.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If I saw off the head of the bolt, would that prevent the exhaust tip from being stolen? I had my 92 Accord stolen way back when.

That would prevent anyone (including you) from getting them off without destroying them.

Using a replacement short allen screw that when tight ended up flush might help.... a thief looking for tips would likely carry a crescent wrench, or a pair of pliers.... maybe not an allen wrench.

·
2014 Accord EX-L Coupe
353 Posts

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
If they are stolen then it's covered under your comprehensive insurance which has a lower deductible than your collision insurance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I received my exhaust tips and was wondering if it's possible to take them to a shop to weld them. Its so easy to unscrew them, now I see how they stole them.

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,224 Posts
I would say tight it up, and cover the screw with epoxy. Or, apply welding epoxy to exhaust mounting bracket when you install it, then it won't go anywhere, as good as welding.

I received my exhaust tips and was wondering if it's possible to take them to a shop to weld them. Its so easy to unscrew them, now I see how they stole them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Consider buying a replacement allan or torx to replace the bolt. A shorter one... that would not stick out like the head of the bolt does. Your bolt is metric #6 X 12mm. Take it to a hardware store, they can get you a replacement that fits. For further security you could fill in the wrench hole with JB Weld. I wouldn't though.... doubt any thief will be carrying an allen wrench.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Consider buying a replacement allan or torx to replace the bolt. A shorter one... that would not stick out like the head of the bolt does. Your bolt is metric #6 X 12mm. Take it to a hardware store, they can get you a replacement that fits. For further security you could fill in the wrench hole with JB Weld. I wouldn't though.... doubt any thief will be carrying an allen wrench.
But now the secret is out. Every thief is going to be carrying a set of allen wrenches now.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts

Seems like you have this thing for Somalia. And useless posts. Curious.

To the OP, I lost mine within the first year. And my mother's '03 were gone in a couple of months, but I believe she must have knocked them off driving off a curb or something similar. And no they're not cheap, which is why I left them off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts