Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got magnaflow and it's a 2.25 inch exhaust I was wondering if I got a custom exhaust say 2.50 be worth it or 3.0 for more air flow or should I just leave it ? V6 accord 6-6

·
@milmast
957 Posts
If you wanted to get more performance out of the exhaust, don't worry so much about the size of the piping but look at the restrictions in the exhaust; pre-cat, cat, resonator, muffler. The car isn't pumping that much horsepower to need a 3" exhaust. If you eliminate the restrictions closest to the engine, you'll see the most noticeable of performance gains

·
@milmast
957 Posts
if you are looking at a simple change in noise change your muffler. If you want it louder, remove your resonator. If you want rasp, remove your second catalytic converter. If you want F**K TON of rasp, delete your pre-cat and your catalytic converter. A magnaflow muffler has built-in resonators so it will not be that loud on its own. If you are going to want a bit more noise with your magnaflow muffler, i would keep your cats and remove your resonator because your muffler has a built in resonator.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got a resonator delete and deleted the third cat im thinking i should get just get a j pipe since you said i should leave my piping alone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts