Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people have already installed these, but I thought this review could give some nice insight for these lights.

EXLED's Interior Kit

This review will be a comparison between agt's t-10 LED and EXLED's Custom Interior Kit.

AGT:

EXLED:

AGT:

EXLED:

AGT:

EXLED:

AGT:

EXLED:

AGT:

EXLED:

My Opinion:

For LEDs, the phrase "you get what you pay for" becomes very apparent. The T-10 LED bulbs from agt are by no means a bad choice to go with, if you are trying to get into LEDs I think it's a good way to go. However, EXLED's interior kit is something of another pedigree, their custom cut pcb really make for optimizing the room available for the number of LEDs to illuminate. These photos were taken with the LEDs at full brightness, they were so bright in fact, I needed to turn them down to suit my own personal preference. I think that's a wonderful option to have, it's really customization for those that prefer a REALLY bright interior. Everything worked very well out the box, had no issues with installation.

REMEMBER! These lights are VERY bright, BUT they can be turned down as well to suit your preferences. These pictures are purely to demonstrate how bright they can be.

·
Registered
288 Posts
How does one go about adjusting the brightness on the ExLED bulbs?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
How does one go about adjusting the brightness on the ExLED bulbs?
There is an included potentiometer and you use a screw driver provided to adjust the brightness by twisting the potentiometer either clockwise or anti clockwise. At least this is how it is on these types of PCBs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
There is an included potentiometer and you use a screw driver provided to adjust the brightness by twisting the potentiometer either clockwise or anti clockwise. At least this is how it is on these types of PCBs.
Great! Thanks for the info

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just to add on, I also did a review of the exLED but just the dome light a while back...

Here's a picture of the three types of bulbs I tested:

Pictures of 5 SMD LED:
These are somewhat blurry because the light output isn't that great...

Pictures of 20 SMD LED:
These are a little brighter than the 5 SMD LED's but it still was a little dim inside the cabin...

Last are the pictures from the LED dome light:
The LED are by far the brightest and lights up the entire interior, and I did not have it on the brightest setting. I spent about $15-20 getting the 5 and 20 smd LED's to try and see what would be best, and the dome light from LED is only $30. If you want to save time and money I would probably just go with the dome light from LED. To install the LED lights, you do have to bend the metal brackets back in the dome light itself, and I used a couple pieces of tape to help hold it in place so that light doesn't fall out when the map light cover is removed. It's a pretty tight fit with the cover as well. As others mentioned, I too had to turn down the brightness with the potentiometer and in the pictures, the map light is at maximum brightness.

Attachments

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like others have stated, there is a potentiometer to vary the brightness of the LEDS. I have them currently turned down quite a bit. The fitment of the pcb is outstanding.

These really do blow everything else out the water, I've had many LED setups in my civic and none of them even compared to these either.

Bobapanda, thanks for the additional feedback

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got this kit and love it but I think I got the wrong door lights. My LEDS are up and down but my socket is sideways. I have 13 couple exl v6 w nav
Just contact Jin from EXLED, I'm sure he'll take care of you!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thank you so much for the review!!!! :)

I got this kit and love it but I think I got the wrong door lights. My LEDS are up and down but my socket is sideways. I have 13 couple exl v6 w nav
Thank you for your purchase and sorry for the inconvenience.
Please PM me your order number and I will take care of you asap.

Jin

·
Registered
72 Posts
for my use and many other's, the cheaper ones are just fine. i have the cheap ones and my friends are always telling to turn them off because it blinds them haha. now i replaced them for nothing. but they're nice to have when i need to look for something. "you can turn them down." why am i gonna buy expensive, super-bright lights that i'm gonna have to turn down anyways? teach each their own though. the cost vs subjective usefulness is night and day also.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for my use and many other's, the cheaper ones are just fine. i have the cheap ones and my friends are always telling to turn them off because it blinds them haha. now i replaced them for nothing. but they're nice to have when i need to look for something. "you can turn them down." why am i gonna buy expensive, super-bright lights that i'm gonna have to turn down anyways? teach each their own though. the cost vs subjective usefulness is night and day also.
You're right, but I never bashed on the cheap ones. For my personal preference, I like a full pcb vs a small little light. This isn't for everyone, but for those who want something that is custom fit to the car, this just happens to work perfect. Like you said, to each their own.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just ordered my interior LEDs from EXLED and can't wait to install them into my car. Thanks for the review :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you tape your dome light? Mine is just laying on the clear shield.

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
Not to mention the exLEDs produce a very white color compared to other 'white' LEDs that have a hint of blue or purple.

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
great post. its "light" and day difference...sorry, couldnt resist.
i have my exterior kit coming shortly which includes rears and reverse.
i will post some pics when its all done!

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you tape your dome light? Mine is just laying on the clear shield.
Didn't tape mine, mine is just sitting on the clear shield as well.

Likewise what on2 said, other lights generally give off a blue hue, EXLED's interior kit is actually white.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We have several different white LEDs.

3000K - Yellowish white (apricot)
5000K - Pure white
6000K - Cool white (5000K + bit of bluish tint)
7000K - Purplish white (6000K + bit of purplish tint)

Thank you.

Jin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts