Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon receiving these LEDs from EXLED I was happily satisfied with the quality of them. Initially, I was a little wary that they would come with red PCB, but luckily they came with a black PCB.

These are the LEDs/bulbs pictured in the review.

1. OEM Bulb
2. AGT LED (Never used these as a reverse, purely for testing)
3. Ebay Projector LED w/side firing LED
4. Cree XP-E LED w/ side firing Cree XP-E
5. EXLED Reverse

Control:

OEM:

AGT:

Ebay:

Cree:

EXLED:

Control Fog Light:

OEM:

EXLED:

EXLED/OEM:

NIGHT SHOTS!

Control:

OEM:

AGT:

Ebay:

Cree:

EXLED:

OEM:

AGT:

Ebay:

Cree:

EXLED:

OEM/EXLED (white balance is not correct, EXLED is a 5000k bulb):

Control Fog Light:

OEM:

EXLED:

EXLED/OEM:

All in all, I can easily conclude that the reverse LED from EXLED is the best replacement to the OEM bulb, for the bulbs that I tested. The Cree LED is a close second. The spread of light is very even and shines with a great intensity. The EXLED Fog, while it lacks the intensity of the OEM halogen bulb, it is still a great replacement for others with LED fogs. The fog is capable of emitting good color while not having an overbearing amount of glare like that of other LEDs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
could you provide a link to the exact page where i can buy these exled fog and reverse lights? there's just so many items on their website..

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here are the products purchasing links.

Brake LEDs

Reverse LEDs

Fog Light LEDs (H8 for Accord 9th)

Custom fitting LED interior kits

Please let me know if you have any questions, thank you so much.

Happy holidays!

[email protected]

Upon receiving these LEDs from EXLED I was happily satisfied with the quality of them. Initially, I was a little wary that they would come with red PCB, but luckily they came with a black PCB.

These are the LEDs/bulbs pictured in the review.

1. OEM Bulb
2. AGT LED (Never used these as a reverse, purely for testing)
3. Ebay Projector LED w/side firing LED
4. Cree XP-E LED w/ side firing Cree XP-E
5. EXLED Reverse

Pictures....

All in all, I can easily conclude that the reverse LED from EXLED is the best replacement to the OEM bulb, for the bulbs that I tested. The Cree LED is a close second. The spread of light is very even and shines with a great intensity. The EXLED Fog, while it lacks the intensity of the OEM halogen bulb, it is still a great replacement for others with LED fogs. The fog is capable of emitting good color while not having an overbearing amount of glare like that of other LEDs.
Thank you so much for the great review! :thmsup:

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for the great review! :thmsup:
Good products speak for themselves, you guys have done a good job with this one! :thmsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm really tempted in getting the EXLED fog lights, but I'm just worried about a couple of things:
1) Since they're not as intense as the stock halogen bulbs, do they appear weak when you look at them? Like do they appear dim as if the bulbs are dying? I can't really tell since your fogs are tinted yellow.
2) What are lumens on the EXLED fog lights (I'm guessing 73.7 since that's what is posted on the website)? Are all LEDs meant more for aesthetics and not so much for increased road visibility....I guess it doesn't matter too much since the current OEM fog lights don't do much in increasing visibility anyways..

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm really tempted in getting the EXLED fog lights, but I'm just worried about a couple of things:
1) Since they're not as intense as the stock halogen bulbs, do they appear weak when you look at them? Like do they appear dim as if the bulbs are dying? I can't really tell since your fogs are tinted yellow.
2) What are lumens on the EXLED fog lights (I'm guessing 73.7 since that's what is posted on the website)? Are all LEDs meant more for aesthetics and not so much for increased road visibility....I guess it doesn't matter too much since the current OEM fog lights don't do much in increasing visibility anyways..
1. No, they do not appear as though they are dying, while they don't have the same intensity as the halogen, they are still very bright. The main difference is that LED bulbs cannot be properly focused in the housing, regardless of whatever brand you're buying. The filament in halogen bulbs vary from those emitted from LED's diodes. So while the light may seem unfocused and sparse, it is still very bright at night. They're actually still noticeable in the daytime even, but I don't know anyone who would have them on on a bright day lol

2. I have no tool to measure the brightness of the leds in lumens, so I really can't say exactly. Not all leds are made solely for aesthetics, however, technology has yet to advance to where we can stick a plug and play led into a socket and expect it to be truly functional, with the exception of accessory lights. Low beams, high beams and fogs currently can not be made functional with solely a led bulb. You're right though, in this case, it wouldn't matter much since our fogs are pretty useless to begin with.

My photos were consistent throughout, all photos of the same type were taken under the same conditions in terms of iso, aperture size and shutter speed. I did however forget to set the white balance off auto. Regardless, all photos are very true to how the lights performed in person.

Awesome review! I think I'm going to try out these bulbs too.
Glad you liked the review!

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. No, they do not appear as though they are dying, while they don't have the same intensity as the halogen, they are still very bright. The main difference is that LED bulbs cannot be properly focused in the housing, regardless of whatever brand you're buying. The filament in halogen bulbs vary from those emitted from LED's diodes. So while the light may seem unfocused and sparse, it is still very bright at night. They're actually still noticeable in the daytime even, but I don't know anyone who would have them on on a bright day lol

2. I have no tool to measure the brightness of the leds in lumens, so I really can't say exactly. Not all leds are made solely for aesthetics, however, technology has yet to advance to where we can stick a plug and play led into a socket and expect it to be truly functional, with the exception of accessory lights. Low beams, high beams and fogs currently can not be made functional with solely a led bulb. You're right though, in this case, it wouldn't matter much since our fogs are pretty useless to begin with.

My photos were consistent throughout, all photos of the same type were taken under the same conditions in terms of iso, aperture size and shutter speed. I did however forget to set the white balance off auto. Regardless, all photos are very true to how the lights performed in person.
thank you for your great response. i've decided to buy both the reverse and fog lights from EXLED!

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you for your great response. i've decided to buy both the reverse and fog lights from EXLED!
Great! Let me know how they turn out for you!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the review. If anyone has the brake LEDs from exLEDusa, can you please post them as well so I can tell if this is something I want. Also, should I get the red for brake?

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While on the topic of brake lights, I also have EXLED's Brake lights as well.

Control:

OEM:

Brakes ON:

Brakes ON, EXLED on LEFT:

Now EXLED on RIGHT:

Brake ON:

EXLED on BOTH:

These lights are REALLY nice and BRIGHT!
I tried them as turn signals as well and they work very well, so well in fact I'm thinking of getting a pair of load resistors just so I can use them as turn signal LEDs.
However at the moment, they are my permanent brake lights.

Reactions: Arkccord

·
Registered
394 Posts
So you would say the brake & reverse lights are definitely worth the "upgrade".

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you would say the brake & reverse lights are definitely worth the "upgrade".

I would say so, yes. For me, these lighting modifications need to serve a purpose. How good they look on paper is not as important as how well they work in person. Someone's ability to see me on the road is important, so when I'm in reverse or braking, I want people to see it without question.

So I do believe they are both great lights to modify, I would also go so far as to say turn signals as well. Their interior lights are also second to none.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have the interior lights + license plate. Considering doing brake & reverse lights next.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the interior lights + license plate. Considering doing brake & reverse lights next.
If you like their interior kit, I say go it :thmsup:

·
Enjoying Life!!!
54 Posts
I've got the interior kit, which I have yet to install and thinking abut external lights next.

Thanks for review.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts