Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're looking to trade our 2012 Crosstour EX-L 4WD V6 for a 4Runner (need to tow and more cargo room these days) and although I can find great deals on 4Runners, which is saying something, I'm surprised somewhat by the offers I'm getting to trade. Mine is pearl white on a tan interior, damn near spotless with 32,000 miles and if I take the AVERAGE of four different websites on trade value, I'm at $20,800. The best I've seen yet is $19,500 and the dealer would not budge.

Anyone out there having any luck here? I know this vehicle is often a love it or hate it, but it's still a Honda. This keeps up....I'll be posting it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's not the car dealerships in general try to low ball you on trades to see if you're desperate enough to take their low ball offer. Continue to shop around but you have a rare problem as you stated some people love the vehicle and others hate it. Good luck at any rate.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Have you thought about selling the car yourself?

Generally private party sales will on average net you a grand or two higher, particularly compared to the lowball offers from dealers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you thought about selling the car yourself?

Generally private party sales will on average net you a grand or two higher, particularly compared to the lowball offers from dealers.
I am about to. Curious to see how this goes with this polarizing car. Perfect time of year and weather here to promote it!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Be sure to go to Carmax and see what they will offer, you do not have to buy a car from them if they buy yours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be sure to go to Carmax and see what they will offer, you do not have to buy a car from them if they buy yours.
Only issue there is the 100 mile round trip to the closest one.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
I have purchased and sold many cars over the years and always say that a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If the internet says the car is worth 20k but you have multiple offers of 18k then is the car really worth 20k ? I am not sure why a lot of people believe what those car value web sites say so much. It is only a guide and they are not perfect if they were they would make millions more . Did it ever occur to you that maybe the car value appraiser got it wrong ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have purchased and sold many cars over the years and always say that a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If the internet says the car is worth 20k but you have multiple offers of 18k then is the car really worth 20k ? I am not sure why a lot of people believe what those car value web sites say so much. It is only a guide and they are not perfect if they were they would make millions more . Did it ever occur to you that maybe the car value appraiser got it wrong ?
I agree with you, those sites are for reference and it's always interesting to see how much they can vary. I too have bought and sold many cars over the years and like my last, I will most likely sell it on my own and be able to pocket more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pulled the trigger, sold it on trade with a dealership who finally came to their senses on trade value after I took it to Carmax.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try craigslist - It's free anyway. I've sold multiple things there. Now the market for that car isn't as high as an accord or civic so you might have to be patient.
I'm sure in a trade-in you can get 20K, but if you're desperate you might have to take the $19,600. Which isn't all too bad to be frank. GL

Pulled the trigger, sold it on trade with a dealership who finally came to their senses on trade value after I took it to Carmax.
just saw this lol

·
Swirl Free
1,714 Posts
What did you get on trade in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So we're looking to trade our 2012 Crosstour EX-L 4WD V6 for a 4Runner (need to tow and more cargo room these days) and although I can find great deals on 4Runners, which is saying something, I'm surprised somewhat by the offers I'm getting to trade. Mine is pearl white on a tan interior, damn near spotless with 32,000 miles and if I take the AVERAGE of four different websites on trade value, I'm at $20,800. The best I've seen yet is $19,500 and the dealer would not budge.

Anyone out there having any luck here? I know this vehicle is often a love it or hate it, but it's still a Honda. This keeps up....I'll be posting it.
I traded in my 2010 CT to Honda, sticker price 39,000. I paid 32,000. With 20,000 miles they only gave me 18500.00 :dunno: CT are hard to sell...but it was on the Lot... and two days it was sold:dunno: They sold it for 22,000.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts