Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to see if any of you had this issue and I apologize in advance if it has been discussed before. My passenger side front door pillar on the outside is letting loose from the door frame. It is happening right in the middle (from top to bottom) and only on the front edge (towards the passenger window). I can pull back the rubber seal with my finger and see that it has lifted off the metal. I'm assuming they used some type of adhesive to apply the black plastic pillar cover at the factory. I really don't want to take it to the dealer to have them fix it. Have any of you had this issue and what did you do to resolve it? I was thinking of using some type of silicone or epoxy adhesive to apply in behind the pillar and then clamp it until it dries. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Same issue here but rear passenger door pillar. I can clearly see where it has bowed out in the middle and a large gap compared with the driver's side. I'm taking my car in, probably for a full day, soon to get some rattles worked out and I plan to have them address that also. Dealer should fix under warranty so just take it in.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Hey guys, I wanted to see if any of you had this issue and I apologize in advance if it has been discussed before. My passenger side front door pillar on the outside is letting loose from the door frame. It is happening right in the middle (from top to bottom) and only on the front edge (towards the passenger window). I can pull back the rubber seal with my finger and see that it has lifted off the metal. I'm assuming they used some type of adhesive to apply the black plastic pillar cover at the factory. I really don't want to take it to the dealer to have them fix it. Have any of you had this issue and what did you do to resolve it? I was thinking of using some type of silicone or epoxy adhesive to apply in behind the pillar and then clamp it until it dries. Any ideas?
Have it repaired under warranty. Sealant/epoxy may trap moisture and eventually rust.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I had them install the V-6 glossy "B" pillar trim on my EX. I think they are attached with two sided tape. If you have the matte finish ones I am not sure how they attach.

When I was looking at the Accords one of the new cars had this trim piece releasing on it as well. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us.

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm dropping it off tonight at my dealer to have them fix/replace the pillar. No sense in doing it myself when it's under warranty.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
As said before, pictures?

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just spoke with the service department at my dealer this morning. I hate to tell you guys this but they said that this is probably the 15th or 16th 2013 Accord that they have had to replace these pieces on. They said initially that they had attempted to just replace the double sided tape on mine but that it wont hold and so they have to order a new pillar. They aren't sure when the pillar will arrive so it looks like it may be at the dealer overnight again if it doesn't come today. I guess the double sided tape that the factory used wasn't of the best quality.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well at least they will have a ton of practice and experience by the time it happens to the rest of us. :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ugh really? I dunno why Honda didn't just paint them like they have for the past 30 years. If they were gonna use this method, probably would have been a better idea to use clips.

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dropped the car off Monday night and still don't have it back. Part was supposed to be on the delivery truck this morning so hopefully I'll have it back by this evening. Hoping this doesn't just happen again in another 5 months.

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Picked up my car over lunch and it was replaced and looks fine. Again, just hoping this doesn't continue to happen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts