Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the two different cap configurations with the number one terminal in the same place, but with different caps:
Top pic is A5
Lower pic is A1 and A4

Attachments

·
AC6DN
1,550 Posts
Nice job. I was wondering why there was two cap options, now I now a little more. Are the rotors different too? Is there a way I can adjust my timing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe the top drawing represents the TEC distributor and the bottom drawing represents the Hitachi distributor.
On my 2001 Accord VP with the TEC, the distributor is opposite what's in the drawing (the 2 screw holes are positioned at the top with 'A' at the upper right). That's what's causing my confusion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2001 VP (F23A5 like the DX) has the TEC distributor like the top picture above.
The terminal marked 'C' is the #1 cylinder, then, proceeding clockwise 1,3,4,2, which makes the letter 'A' the # 4 cylinder.
I popped the hood on a 1998 DX at a dealers lot to verify this and when I put mine in that order it started right up. Very confusing.....but I should have paid more attention when I took off the old wires....

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's kind of hard to mess up the firing order.

With Honda wires, they only usually reach to their respective terminals, unless of course they gave you wires for the other engine. Then it's all messed up.

Even though it's a different lettered terminal, notice the rear bottom terminal should still be 1, correct?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fred: That's correct. I dropped the rotor set screw and had to get a new one so it took an extra day to sort it out. It's running good now... Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts