Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory alarm on my 2013 2 door ex-l continues to go off by itself.

It went off few weeks ago in the middle of the night...just thought maybe someone tried to open it or something...yesterday it went off once again by itself....and then a few hours later it went off 3 additional times in a row...maybe 1 minute apart....I eventually had to disconnect the battery...but I dont know what to do..I don't have time to take it to the dealership for a few days....

Anyone hear of this happening? I have not connected the battery again since last night...

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
You may have a faulty door or hood switch. Do you have an aftermarket remote start? That would be the only other probable cause.

·
Honda only...
304 Posts
Most alarms you can put in valet mode and turn them off or disable them.
I have a after market alarm it has a red or blue light you press twice and hold the 3 rd time for a few seconds.
That turns the alarm to valet mode.
I am not sure about factory alarms....?...

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
If there are not aftermarket parts, make sure you doors are all the way shut... otherwise you have a malfunctioning door or hood switch. 95% of the time that is the issue

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
If the doors or trunk aren't shut, the alarm won't set in the first place.

It's either a fault hood/door switch, or possibly a faulty interior light. My 00 Celica had a faulty interior light switch, it would come on and the alarm would think someone was trying to break into it.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Can you park this car in your or someone else's garage for a few days, and keep it unlocked (which I presume would prevent the alarm from arming) until you can bring it to the dealer.

Bring a hatchet to the dealership, because there is a 80 percent chance that they would tell you that they can't even take an exploratory look due to their inability to duplicate the problem. Nothing infuriates me more.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can you park this car in your or someone else's garage for a few days, and keep it unlocked (which I presume would prevent the alarm from arming) until you can bring it to the dealer.

Bring a hatchet to the dealership, because there is a 80 percent chance that they would tell you that they can't even take an exploratory look due to their inability to duplicate the problem. Nothing infuriates me more.
80 Percent more like 99 percent they will say they cant duplicate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The interior lights could be an issue...because I have aftermarket bulbs so I do have aftermarket parts I a sense. I really hope that's not the issue...there's way too many of those bulbs that I would need to replace.

I did park it again at home on the driveway last night and no issue. Hopefully it's not a big deal. I plan on taking it to the dealer Wednesday morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts